Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbah
20th January 2010, Wednesday
Worship Allah, Respect Rasulullah (s.a.w)
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana says that even ants, bacteria and viruses ask for support from Allah to carry out their activities. It is impossible for any creature to exist and function, without Divine Help of the Creator. Only Allah needs no helper, for if He needed help, then the one giving Him help is above Him, and that is impossible. He is Self-Sufficient, in need of none, while all of creation, is in need of Him.
- All of creation, except Man, acknowledge that they have been CREATED, they acknowledge WHO Created them and they know Allah according to the capacity and limits that Allah placed within them. Hence they glorify and praise Allah, giving Him, their highest glorification and praise, according to their abilities. Even bacteria and viruses recite tasbih to Allah, glorifying Him. Every grain of sand, every stone and rock, the mountains and even the sky itself, glorifies Allah.
سَبَّحَ لِلَّهِ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضِۖ وَهُوَ ٱلۡعَزِيزُ ٱلۡحَكِيمُ
Whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth glorifies Allâh, and He is the All-Mighty, All-Wise. (Quran 57:1)
- Man, is the only creature that dares to deny that he is a creation of Allah’s, and hence he falls below the level of bacteria, he falls right to the lowest level in creation, as even bacteria and animals accept that they are created by a Creator, and they are grateful to Allah for the countless blessings and pleasure that He has bestowed upon them. But Man is too proud to glorify Him, and too busy to recite His name! Why is Man so heedless?
ثُمَّ رَدَدۡنَـٰهُ أَسۡفَلَ سَـٰفِلِينَ
Then We reduced him (Man), to the lowest of the low (Quran 95:5)
- Man should be ashamed to be one that denies his Creator, whereas Allah has honoured him by raising him above all creation, and by subjugating all of creation under his rule. The rest of the creation bows to Man as the Khalifa of Allah, yet Man does not bow to Allah in worship and devotion! Allah has made Man His Representative on earth, Allah has given Man endless physical, emotional and spiritual pleasure in this worldly life, and a promise of eternal bliss in akherat. Despite all that Allah has bestowed on Man, he is the only Creature to deny and defy Allah! These are the heedless ones, dirty ones, and it never crosses their minds to say, “Oh Allah, You created us, our endless glorification and praises are for You!” Maulana prays that we do not become like these people, who take all that Allah has given, and are yet ungrateful to Him and refuse to worship Him.
- Oh Disbelievers, every thing that is created, certainly has a Creator, so why do you deny the existence of Allah? If you were to declare that a chair created itself, it is an illogical statement that would be rejected, and you would be sent to a mental institution! So if a simple chair has a creator, and everyone accepts that logic, how is it that a complex creature like Man, does not have a Creator? We must ask ourselves, there was a time we didn’t exist, and now we do, so how did this happen? Today, schools no longer teach His Holy names, everything is attributed to ‘nature’ and nothing is rightfully attributed to Allah! This is 21st century Man!
- Maulana calls out to scholars, to stop harping on petty disputes and quarrels, and to bring this message to the masses. People must be taught to think about Who created them! The Prophet (saw) brought this message to his Ummah, he was a Warner, who taught Man to worship his Lord. Rasulullah (saw) teaches the Ummah, to worship and glorify Allah, and Allah Himself teaches us to respect and recite salutations (selawat) upon Rasulullah (saw)!
- Extremist scholars say it is an Innovation (Bida’ah) or that it is Forbidden (Haram) to respect Rasulullah (saw) and to recite selawat upon him. Why? Maulana says that it is wrong to make a ruling without proof, so while there is ample proof that we are asked to recite selawat in both the Qur’an and Hadees, why have these extremist scholars not produced any concrete proofs about their fatwa? Maulana says, Allah has classified some actions as Haram, as they Harm people, so humans are to avoid these acts, so that they remain safe from Harm. How can recitation of selawat harm us, Maulana asks? The teachings of these misguided scholars are devoid of any logic or understanding.
- Maulana says that, those who do not respect Rasulullah (saw), bring Divine Anger upon themselves. He quoted a famous Ottoman King, Sultan Ahmad, who built the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, who was Sultan of Bahrayn wal Barrain (Sultan of the Sea and Land). Allah granted him such honour with such a vast Kingdom, and his subjects, both Muslims and non-Muslims alike, trembled at his majesty. And as he sat on his throne, each time the NAME of Prophet Muhammad (saw) was mentioned, he STOOD up to honour and pay his highest respects to Rasulullah (saw), even if Rasulullah’s Holy name (saw) was mentioned a hundred times during that day! The more you respect and honour Rasulullah (saw), the more respect and honour will granted by Allah to you.
- Maulana says that in today’s world, people stand up when a King or President enters the room, even if he does so repeatedly, so why are we ashamed to honour Sayyidina Muhammad (saw), the Best of Creation, the True Khalifa in Allah’s Presence, the Chosen Creation representing the Lord of Creation. The Prophet (saw) is constantly in contact with the Creator of the entire creation! It is only a very ignorant one who does not respect the Seal of Prophets (saw).
- This is but a heavenly inspiration to my heart, says Maulana, so that you may guided on the right path. Some disbelieve that such inspirations exist, but Prophet Muhammad (saw) received wahyu, which is another form of Divine revelations, so one must believe that such Divine revelations and heavenly inspirations exist. By rejecting heavenly advice, you are cutting off the light in your life, and you will fall into darkness, and this material world then becomes your ultimate goal in life. Remember, this material world has no value in the Divine presence, so seek of what brings you closer to your Lord’s pleasure!
- Despite many humans rejecting advice, Maulana says he will still keep trying to advise them. A child, may struggle to learn ALIF, BA and TA, but through the persistence of a patient and loving teacher, the child will eventually learn, if he is eager to do so. True guides have this secret power to reach the hearts of their students.
- But for those who do not wish to learn, it is futile to try to teach them, no one can reach their hearts, as these people have already locked their hearts, closed their hearts, sealed their hearts – against receiving heavenly lights. When such people are advised, they do not listen, and even if they do listen, they do not understand. When Rasulullah (saw) was preaching to the Jews, they said:
وَقَالُوۡا قُلُوۡبُنَا غُلۡفٌؕ بَل لَّعَنَهُمُ اللّٰهُ بِكُفۡرِهِمۡ فَقَلِيۡلًا مَّا يُؤۡمِنُوۡنَ
And they say, “Our hearts are wrapped (i.e. do not hear or understand Allâh’s Word).” Nay, Allâh has cursed them for their disbelief, so little is that which they believe. (Quran 2:88)
فَبِمَا نَقۡضِہِم مِّيثَـٰقَهُمۡ وَكُفۡرِهِم بِـَٔايَـٰتِ ٱللَّهِ وَقَتۡلِهِمُ ٱلۡأَنۢبِيَآءَ بِغَيۡرِ حَقٍّ۬ وَقَوۡلِهِمۡ قُلُوبُنَا غُلۡفُۢۚ بَلۡ طَبَعَ ٱللَّهُ عَلَيۡہَا بِكُفۡرِهِمۡ فَلَا يُؤۡمِنُونَ إِلَّا قَلِيلاً۬
Because of their breaking the covenant, and of their rejecting the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allâh, and of their killing the Prophets unjustly, and of their saying: “Our hearts are wrapped (with coverings, i.e. we do not understand what the Messengers say)” – nay, Allâh has set a seal upon their hearts because of their disbelief, so they believe not but a little. (Quran 4:155)
- Maulana made a prayer to Allah, “Oh Allah, I am seeking Your forgiveness, may my heart never be locked up, never be shut down, astaghfirullah, anta robbi, anta hasbi….bestow upon me beneficial knowledge.”