This post is also available in: Arabic Bahasa Indonesia Bengali Bosnian Chinese (Simplified) Creole (Pidgin English) Croatian Czech Dutch French German Hindi Italian Japanese Kazakh Korean Malay Portuguese (Brazil) Russian Serbian Sinhalese Spanish Tagalog Tamil Bahasa Sug Temne (Sierra Leone) Turkish Urdu Vietnamese
Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbah
19th January 2010, Tuesday
In Jesus’s miraculous birth, lies a POWERFUL lesson
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana says that ALL humans are weak, we must not be deceived by our worldly gifts/abilities into believing that we are powerful. Never feel strong because you have a healthy body, or because you have worldly riches, or because you are have a kingdom. Even if you are a King, a Sultan, or an Emperor, those are names given to you, worldly titles that mean nothing in reality, but with which many are deceived into believing that they have actual POWER, CONTROL and STRENGTH to execute their WILL.
- In reality, every human being lives between two breaths, he can die after inhaling or after exhaling, according to Allah’s Will. Each breath could be your last, you have absolutely no power to take even one more breath, when your time is up. A person held underwater or hung from a noose, will die within five minutes. How can we claim that we are powerful? We are weak, the weakest creatures before Allah, so, humble yourself before Him, admit your utter helplessness, and acknowledge that ONLY Allah, the Creator, is STRONG. Say, “Oh Allah, we are your weak servants, we can’t do anything.” For, the definition of a servant, is one who is weak. A servant is not powerful, the Creator of that servant, is the powerful one.
- Recite A’uzubillah often, it is the recitation of a weak servant before his Lord, seeking protection from another weak creation, shaitan. Shaitan, though weak, has at his disposal countless tricks and traps, he has a glib tongue, and chases us incessantly, like a dog chasing a boy to bite him, who runs to escape from it. So, run to Allah by reciting A’uzubillah, as shaitan is like a dog running after you to bite you, to infect you with his diseases. Reciting A’uzubillah reminds you that you are a servant, reminds you that you need Allah’s help, reminds you that you are weak.
- Allah says, “Oh My servants, you must know your weakness.” Allah teaches His servants to call upon Him always for help, to realise their utter helplessness, to realise their complete dependence on Him, and to run from shaitan’s dogs. Unfortunately, today’s humans feel powerful and self-sufficient, they do not run to Allah, and instead of running from the dogs of shaitan, they are friendly with these dogs, thinking them tame and loyal, not realising how dangerous these dogs are!
- Maulana says that every known trouble, crisis, misery and suffering, that has befallen Man, is because he fell into shaitan’s traps. And shaitan is so happy to see Man suffering. Each time a person is at a crossroad, at which he must decide which path to take, shaitan says to him, “Oh wandering people, follow me, follow me,” and he then leads such an ignorant one (one who doesn’t take lessons from heavenly messages) down the path of endless troubles. Shaitan portrays himself as a Saviour to Man.
- Maulana asks, why did Allah create the miraculous birth of Jesus Christ (as)? And why was he speaking, from the day he was in the cradle? These miraculous events has been interpreted in different ways by the Jews, Christians and Muslims.
- Have we ever thought about the miraculous nature of even a normal birth? Two cells meet, and from those two miniscule cells, Allah creates a new life, a new being, that grows in the mother’s womb, to become a full grown child, made up of trillions of cells. It is Allah who has willed it so, that TWO cells merge, and become a new being. It is Allah’s Will! Who is to stand in the way of Allah, when He decides to create Jesus from ONE cell (the mother’s egg), instead of TWO cells? ALLAH DOES AS HE PLEASES! Nothing prevents Allah Almighty from doing what He likes, He is Allah! He may bring any creature into existence, as He Wills!
- “Kun, faya kun” Allah says BE, to that ONE cell, and it BE-comes Jesus (as). Can anyone question Allah? Can anyone stand in His way? He is the absolute Power! He created Adam (as) from ZERO cells! From Jesus’ miraculous birth, Allah is showing the Jews, Christians and Muslims, that HIS Will shall prevail, none can stand in comparison to Him or question Him or stop Him. If it be His Will to create a man from just ONE cell, it is done just as He Wills! He can do as He likes! AS HE LIKES!
- Despite the fact that no MALE had touched Mariam (mother of Jesus), she bore, from a FEMALE egg only, a MALE child. Subhanallah! (Those who study genetics will be amazed by this). That is the Will of Allah.
- And this child was able to sit up in its cradle at birth, and advise/warn his people about religion. Maulana asks, where did Jesus learn all that he taught at birth? Did he go to school in the womb? Obviously not. So, this is another powerful message from Allah to Mankind, that He gives knowledge to whom He pleases. Jesus didn’t go to school, or attend lessons, he was given knowledge by He who is Most Knowledgeable, so that he could speak, even as an infant. Allah sent a BABY to warn mankind! Jesus spoke to the people of his time, but his message is being heard, even today! Never think that knowledge comes just because you went to a famous school, it will be poured into the heart of whom Allah Wills.
- Maulana says, in the same way, although Maulana is a weak and old man, it is Allah’s Will to send knowledge, advice and warning to humanity through him, as Allah can choose anyone He pleases and enrich anyone He pleases, with knowledge. Maulana (so humbly) likened himself to a hollow piece of bamboo, by itself silent, but when someone blows upon it, it produces a sound. Whatever is ‘blown’ into his heart by GrandShaykh, Maulana then advises, during the nightly Suhbahs. You must believe in Allah’s Power to do so!
- Allah said in the Qur’an (Quran 3:46)
وَيُڪَلِّمُ ٱلنَّاسَ فِى ٱلۡمَهۡدِ وَڪَهۡلاً۬ وَمِنَ ٱلصَّـٰلِحِينَ
- “He (Jesus) will speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous.” Maulana says, that Jesus spoke in his cradle, but he was taken away before he reached full manhood. That is why he is returning again, in this period of the end of times, to preach the truth to humanity, until he reaches the age of 40 (manhood), to fulfill and complete this Ayat of the Qur’an! See how magical the Ayats of the Qur’an are, we read them, but do not realise the message and secrets within them. Maulana says, that if you wish to live a blessed and safe life, protected from all sufferings and difficulty in dunia and akherat, you MUST OBEY THE QUR’AN!
- Despite the miraculous message in the birth and speech of Jesus, shaitan ignited great controversy and debates concerning it, throwing much doubt and confusion into the minds of humans, for almost 2000 years now!
- Hence Jesus will return, and he will preach to humanity, “Oh people, I am but a servant of Allah, I am a creation of Allah, I am here to give you a warning, obey the Prophets, beware of shaitan and his traps, do not fall into them. If you disobey, you will be ashamed in this world and in the hereafter. ” That is the FINAL warning for humanity, those who still defy, will be sent to Hell. Jesus will bring good tidings for believers, for obedient ones!
- Take a lesson from these nightly Suhbahs, even if it be ONE sentence! Ponder and practice it, may it lead you to safety. Ameen.