This post is also available in: Arapça Endonezya dili Bengali Boşnakça Çince (Basitleştirilmiş) Uzak Doğu İngilizcesi (Creole) Hırvatça Çekçe Felemenkçe İngilizce Fransızca Almanca Hintçe İtalyanca Japonca Kazakh Kore dili Malayca Portekizce (Brezilya) Rusça Sırpça Sinhalese İspanyolca Tagalog Tamil dili Bahasa Sug Temne (Sierra Leone) Urduca Vietnamca
Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Short Advice
9th December 2010, Thursday
Wearing a black turban
A’uzubillah himinash shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillah-hir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana said that, when Rasulullah (saw) conquered Makkah peacefully, he had stood on the Mimbar wearing a black turban. So wearing a black turban, was a Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (saw), and no one had the right to dispute this fact.
- We are not following the ways of the Shias, who incidentally also wear black turbans. We are different from them, in that it is not obligatory to wear black inner caps with the Turban, and that we may also wear inner caps of other colours other than black (Maulana mentioned green or red), and that our Turbans had a tail, unlike the Shias, who had tail-less Turbans.
- As believers, we must take from the Sunnah of the Prophet (saw) in every matter in our lives. Every act of our lives, must be in line with the Sunnah of Rasulullah (saw). It is sad that Muslims now emulate and idolise the Western way of life, even when such a lifestyle has no blessings and no basis in Shariah.
- Today’s Muslims follow the Western way of life, even when they know that it is devoid of any good tidings, and they have turned their backs on the perfect way of life shown by Rasulullah (saw). The Western way of life is based on nafs (desires and ego), it is derived from their own imagination and thoughts, whereas the Muslim way of life goes back thousands of years in traditions and actions, each of which is pleasing to Allah. We have no need for any advice or input from the unbelievers to guide our actions. How can we discard the teachings of our learned ones, and instead, trust the opinions of those who have no understanding of Islam? We must honour and follow the olden ways taught by our learned ones, and reject new ideas from the practices of those who reject Islam!
- The Prophet (saw) said, “At the end of times, my Nation will follow the ways of the unbelievers, even if they led them right into the snake pit.” This means that Muslims at the end of times, will be so dazzled and enthralled by the ways of the unbelievers, that they will obey and practice that way of life, even if it brought them destruction and sufferings! Today, people with Muslim names are also walking around half-naked, with tattoos, dyed hair and body piercings, celebrating Christmas and New Year – partying, drinking, dancing, pubbing and clubbing – it is impossible to tell the Muslim and non-Muslim apart anymore.
- Our only way to salvation is the way of life brought by Rasulullah (saw) – that way of life is the only acceptable way.
قُلۡ إِن كُنتُمۡ تُحِبُّونَ ٱللَّهَ فَٱتَّبِعُونِى يُحۡبِبۡكُمُ ٱللَّهُ وَيَغۡفِرۡ لَكُمۡ ذُنُوبَكُمۡۗ وَٱللَّهُ غَفُورٌ۬ رَّحِيمٌ۬
Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (Quran 3:31)
لَّقَدۡ كَانَ لَكُمۡ فِى رَسُولِ ٱللَّهِ أُسۡوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ۬ لِّمَن كَانَ يَرۡجُواْ ٱللَّهَ وَٱلۡيَوۡمَ ٱلۡأَخِرَ وَذَكَرَ ٱللَّهَ كَثِيرً۬ا
Verily in the messenger of Allah ye have a good example for him who looketh unto Allah and the Last Day, and remembereth Allah much. (Quran 33:21)
- Let us make an intention and a supreme effort, to learn and follow as much as we can about the Prophet’s (saw) Sunnah, his way of life. For that is the key to attaining Divine love and safety in this world and the hereafter. From the Prophet’s external appearance, to his mannerisms, and his behaviour, as well as his relationships with creation and Creator, we have a perfect example to emulate to help us draw close to Allah. Every Sunnah of Rasulullah (saw) is a light in our lives, the more Sunnah that we can practice consistently and sincerely, the more light and blessings descend upon our dreary lives. So do make a concerted effort, to make Rasulullah (saw) the pivot in our lives, upon which every action is based on.
- Start with the easy external Sunnah, like sporting a beard, wearing a Turban (black or otherwise) for every prayer, and use a miswak and perfume before each prayer. Oil your beard and use collyrium on your eyes before sleeping with ablution. Do more sunnat prayers, and do spend a little time on the prayer mat, doing Zikrullah, after each compulsory prayer. Try to find a new Sunnah of the Prophet (saw) to implement in your life, daily. There are endless Sunnah acts, but the hardest to emulate are the ones which lead us to the best of conduct, so smile, swallow your anger, and mix with your family and community with love, patience and sacrifice. Avoid back-biting and lying, for these fracture the community and tarnish your own reputation.
- If we live like Rasulullah (saw), we shall die like him, and we shall be raised with him, on Judgement Day. An oft-quoted hadees says, “You shall be with those whom you love.” So if you claim to love him, then follow his Sunnah.
Please note that Maulana did nor ORDER us to wear black turbans and neither did he announce a new era of black turbans. He merely said that it was permissable to wear black, since the Prophet (saw) wore it ONCE when he conquered Makkah. It is important to note, that we have NEVER seen Maulana wear a black turban in the last two years during Suhbahs, and even after this announcement, he continued to use white or green turban. So mureeds have been shown what is Maulana’s given preference, and we should follow that example.
This 8 minute Snippet can only be watched at www.Saltanat.org, click here. No other site carries this video. Saltanat TV is the Official Site of Maulana Shaykh Nazim that is sanctioned and approved by him personally.