Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbah
13th March 2010, Saturday
Go East, to where the Sun rises
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana said that as believers, we would get very upset to see disrespect being shown towards Rasulullah (saw), as he is one held in the highest esteem by Allah and His Angels. When Man does not show the highest love, respect or appreciation for Rasulullah (saw), the heavens shake in anger, and Divine curses descend upon Man.
- Maulana began with the recitation of A’uzubillah himinasy syaitan nirrajeem, and he reminded us to read it at least 7 times in a day, and if we were able to read it 40 times in a day, it would afford us more protection. For those who sought to reach the level of accepted servants and who are asking to be saved from the dirtiness of shaitan, they must recite it 70 times per day.
- For every building, there is an entrance, it is impossible to enter if there is no door. The recitation of A’uzubillah is a protector at the door, it fends off shaitan’s attack at that door, because shaitan is such a terrible creature. Imagine, shaitan found a way to pass through the Doors of Paradise and he entered it, so what about here? Don’t say, “We have reached a point of safety from shaitan’s tricks and traps,” No, never let down your guard, always beware of shaitan. Look at the havoc shaitan wreaked when he entered Paradise, he got our forefather ejected from it!
- For those asking to reach Allah Almighty’s pleasure, it is a clear and lighted way: open the door and you may enter at will. But there are people asking to go the other way, a way that makes people happy, a dirty way. Our egos are dirty and its acts, needs and desires are also dirty. Therefore, it is really easy for shaitan to persuade our egos to go the dirty way, the way of darkness, for the ego is already inclined in that direction, so a little cajoling is all it needs.
- The ultimate aim of most humans, is to be in darkness. Does that surprise you? It should not, as most humans are obedient to their egos, and egos lead one to darkness. So the reality is that most humans are falling deeper and deeper into darkness each day.
- Humans like being in darkness, for it covers them up, it envelops them, preventing others from seeing their shameful deeds. Therefore, they are running away from enlightened worlds, enlightened oceans, for shaitan calls out to them, “Come, come to me, come to your territories of darkness which are waiting for you, and you should find everything that you want, that you dream of, that you desire, in the darkness, come, come.”
- During the day, people go to work like donkeys and their minds are on the approaching night time, for the greatest pleasures are found in the darkness of the night. They yearn for these dirty pleasures of the night, they shun the light (mosques, religious lessons, Suhbahs, Zikir etc) and those who bring them (heavenly guides). Therefore, Messengers of the Lord of Heavens, have been bringing heavenly lights from the heavens, to save Mankind. Each Prophet reached out to their Ummats with these lights, to dispel the darkness in their souls and their surroundings, but shaitan and his ardent followers spit at these guiding lights being brought to them, they wish to extinguish Allah’s Light.
يُرِيدُونَ أَن يُطۡفِـُٔواْ نُورَ ٱللَّهِ بِأَفۡوَٲهِهِمۡ وَيَأۡبَى ٱللَّهُ إِلَّآ أَن يُتِمَّ نُورَهُۥ وَلَوۡ ڪَرِهَ ٱلۡكَـٰفِرُونَ
The (disbelievers) want to extinguish Allâh’s Light with their mouths, but Allâh will not allow except that His Light should be perfected even though the Kâfirûn (disbelievers) hate (it). (Quran 9:32)
- Those who are followers of shaitan, he cheats them, saying, “Don’t go to that one, because he is bringing lights, and more lights through lights, and if you are surrounded by light, you can’t enjoy yourself. You must be covered in darkness and be in darkness, then you can do everything, no one prevents you, because no one is seeing what you are doing! Therefore, don’t run after that one, because he is bringing lights and if his lights shine on you, you can’t do anything for your egoistic pleasures because your egos are asking to be in darkness, to do everything there and not to be seen.” Pleasure for the ego, is for it to be able to enjoy without barriers/borders, in the darkness. In the dark, it feels that no one can see what it is doing, hence that is the peak of its enjoyment. It is like a drug-dealer or a prostitute in a seedy backlane, hiding in the shadows, and avoiding the search lights of the patrolling police cars. In darkness, no one else exists, your desires are only what you see, you are blind to your faults or the rights of others – it is a world that is focused on just one thing – your own pleasure, even if it means destroying yourself or others! Once in the darkness, they no longer wish to leave it, since they believe they have found real pleasure, hence they never seek out true guidance or true beliefs ever again.
- Western countries are in darkness, for just as the Sun sets in the West, there is no light in the lives of most Westerners. Westerners are always looking to export their brand of darkness to Oriental (Muslim) countries. Why are we attracted to the dark ways of the Westerners? It is strange when Muslims idolize and emulate their ways! Why are Muslims allowing their children to study there? Or work there? Those who go there, will be slowly suffocated by the darkness, their hearts also set in the darkness and they too, sink into the murkiness. The real Sun in our lives is Rasulullah (saw ), isn’t what he taught enough for us all, so why are we running after the darkness of the Westerners? Oriental Islamic countries are where the light is today, for just as the Sun rises in the East, it is there that the guidance and reality is, so many Westerners, after having worked for some time in these countries, have converted, after being touched by the light. In the light, what is true is clear, and what is wrong, is also very clear. So, go East, says Maulana, go to the true guide, the Sun of the creation, Rasulullah (saw ), to achieve real humanity!
- People hail the West because of its advances in technology. Do not think that technology is what brings honour to us? Technology makes us lose our true identity, technology blurs the line between fantasy and reality, making Man forget his heavenly grants, and his true earthly mission. Technology brings layers and layers of darkness upon humans.
- Maulana says that his word uphold the Holy Qur’an, so he asked all those who were opposing him, to stop doing so, and to propagate his teachings instead. Unlike technology, Maulana’s words bring layers upon layers of light upon our lives, for he is resisting his ego, and is guiding us to do so too. Allah says in the Qur’an, fa dhzakkir, ‘remind each other’, for such reminders radiate rays of lights to guide its listeners. Every Prophet came only to take their followers out of darkness into light, there was no other message, but shaitan and our egos resist these efforts, preferring to remain in the comfort of darkness. Every Holy Book brought the same message of salvation, teaching us to leave the dark abyss, and to enter the oceans of light and safety.
- Maulana humbly says that he has not dived into the deep oceans of the Qur’an, that he is merely on the beach of it, and he is reminding us of our real beings, our purpose, and the way to salvation, by means of the lights granted to his heart. It is heart-breaking that only a handful of humans seek the lighted way, while the vast majority are drowning in darkness, without realising that once they die in that state, they will remain in that terrible state, for eternity! Maulana prayed fervently, “Oh our Lord don’t leave us in the darkness. You have granted Your weak servants real faith and real beliefs, each Prophet guided humans from darkness to the Light by means of their Holy Books, so please grant us guidance too.” So leave your ego, abandon the darkness and come to the enlightened world.