This post is also available in: Bahasa Indonesia
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbahs
8th October 2010 (Friday)
Arrange your life, as He likes it, not as you like it
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana gave a stern Suhbah today, but one could hear the poignant plea in his voice, as he pleaded with humans to realize the grave danger they were in – for Mankind is very close to triggering off a severe punishment by the Lord of Heavens, as they have descended into a life of defiance and cruelty.
- All over the world, there is hatred and wickedness, Man is plotting to do his worst to his neighbour, to hurt one another and to disregard the rights of others. (Read another Suhbah on the importance of doing our best for our neighbours in the Community). Humans have lost their humanity, they have become like wild beasts – they slay, maim and devour each other, there is not a shred of pity left in the hearts of many.
- Allah created Mankind, so that he could be dressed in robes of honour; instead Mankind has followed iblis, and he has been dressed in iblis’ ruinous traits. Instead of blossoming into a receptacle of Divine Love, he has become a pit of putrid hatred.
- We have read so many stories in the Holy Qur’an, of former Nations (ummahs) who had incurred the Lord’s wrath, and who were then destroyed by Divine Anger. Each one of these Nations were reduced to dust – no defiant one survived the horrific disaster that befell them. Why did Allah reveal so many verses of such unfortunate Nations in the Holy Book?
- There is a powerful lesson in all these stories! To each Nation had been sent a Prophet to guide them, and each Prophet brought a Way of Life that was pleasing to Allah, that was accepted by the Lord of Heavens, for his Nation to follow. Each human being must follow the Way of Life that his Prophet had brought and showed him, he must change/arrange his life to follow exactly what the Prophet had brought.
- Any other way that he follows, one that was not shown by his Prophet – is one that is not pleasing to Allah. And when a person is doing what displeases Allah, he is in grave danger of being overwhelmed by His punishment, for Allah is indeed capable of sending a mighty punishment!
فَيُعَذِّبُهُ ٱللَّهُ ٱلۡعَذَابَ ٱلۡأَكۡبَرَ
Allah will punish him with a mighty Punishment. (Surah Al-Ghaashiyah 88:24)
أَفَلَمۡ يَسِيرُواْ فِى ٱلۡأَرۡضِ فَيَنظُرُواْ كَيۡفَ كَانَ عَـٰقِبَةُ ٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبۡلِهِمۡۚ دَمَّرَ ٱللَّهُ عَلَيۡہِمۡۖ وَلِلۡكَـٰفِرِينَ أَمۡثَـٰلُهَا
Have they not travelled through the earth, and seen what was the end of those (previous ummahs) before them? Allâh destroyed them completely and a similar fate awaits the disbelievers (of this ummah). (Surah Muhammad 47:10)
- When you follow the Prophet, and arrange your life according to heavenly orders, you make Allah pleased with you, and He will dress you in honour. By defiantly following your old lifestyles, and refusing to humbly arrange your life according to His pleasure, you will incur His wrath and He will dishonour you. Look at what shame befell the Children of Israel, when they defied Him:
فَلَمَّا عَتَوۡاْ عَن مَّا نُہُواْ عَنۡهُ قُلۡنَا لَهُمۡ كُونُواْ قِرَدَةً خَـٰسِـِٔينَ
So when they took pride in that which they had been forbidden, We said unto them: Be ye apes despised and loathed! (Surah Al-A'raf 7:166)
قُلۡ هَلۡ أُنَبِّئُكُم بِشَرٍّ۬ مِّن ذَٲلِكَ مَثُوبَةً عِندَ ٱللَّهِۚ مَن لَّعَنَهُ ٱللَّهُ وَغَضِبَ عَلَيۡهِ وَجَعَلَ مِنۡہُمُ ٱلۡقِرَدَةَ وَٱلۡخَنَازِيرَ وَعَبَدَ ٱلطَّـٰغُوتَۚ أُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ شَرٌّ۬ مَّكَانً۬ا وَأَضَلُّ عَن سَوَآءِ ٱلسَّبِيلِ
Say (to the people of the Scripture): “Shall I inform you of something worse than that, regarding the recompense from Allâh: those (Jews) who incurred the Curse of Allâh and His Wrath, those of whom (some) He transformed into monkeys and swines, those who worshipped Tâghût (false deities); such are worse in rank (on the Day of Resurrection in the Hell¬fire), and far more astray from the Right Path (in the life of this world).” (Surah Al-Ma'idah 5:60)
- Look at those whom He had humiliated! Those who refused to arrange their lives to please Allah, the disobedient ones, He turned them into monkeys and pigs.
- Oh attenders, say Astaghfirullah and repent, and say, “O my Lord! Ya Rabb! I am not arranging my life as You like, so please forgive me.”
- Each time the residents of a town or village defied Allah, He sent them punishment. But what would happen if the entire world is in defiance and turns a deaf ear to His warnings? Look what happened to the people of Prophet Noah (as). Allah sent them a massive flood to take away every rebellious person! We are on the verge of such a catastrophic punishment now. Maulana warns that Allah will send upon us a calamitous flood – not a flood of water – but a flood of fire, which will bring a flood of blood.
- We must arrange our lives, according to how Rasulullah (saw) showed us. The world is filled with humans who are only seeking personal pleasure, they are arranging their lives, according to what pleases them, not according to what pleases Allah. They show no respect, regard or reverence towards their Lord’s Commands.
- The way of life of the unbelievers, is completely unacceptable to Allah. Everything about how they live, is repungent to Allah!
يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓاْ إِنَّمَا ٱلۡمُشۡرِكُونَ نَجَسٌ۬
O you who believe! Verily, the Mushrikûn (polytheists, pagans, idolaters unbelievers) are Najasun (impure). (Surah At-Taubah 9:28)
- We must discard their lifestyle completely from our lives, just like how we discard rubbish and excrement (najasun) completely from ourselves. How our families interact within our homes, how we seek our sustenance and even how we dress ourselves – all that must change, we must discard the ways of the unbelievers – every believing man and woman must do so. Dressing is important in these troubled times – so believing men and women must dress in clothes befitting believers.
- Respect these three Holy months (Zulkaedah, Zulhijjah, Muharram) and repent. If we do not change our ways, Maulana says, he sees dark, ominous clouds on the horizon, this Muharram. And once His Curse descends, there will be nowhere to seek help, it will be too late to look for pity.
- This was truly a chilling Suhbah. Maulana did not mince his words. He said, “If people do not change, curses will certainly descend upon them, punishment will certainly befall them.” We must live to please Him. As He pleases, not as we please, for we do not belong to ourselves.
- A Prophet brings to his Nation, what is pleasing to Allah. Conversely, the ways of the unbelievers, are displeasing to Allah. If we mix both these lifestyles, we are mixing something clean with something dirty. Even a drop of urine in a cup of milk, makes it all dirty.
- So discard all ways of unbelievers from our exteriors and interiors.
يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱدۡخُلُواْ فِى ٱلسِّلۡمِ ڪَآفَّةً۬ وَلَا تَتَّبِعُواْ خُطُوَٲتِ ٱلشَّيۡطَـٰنِۚ إِنَّهُ ۥ لَڪُمۡ عَدُوٌّ۬ مُّبِينٌ۬
O Ye who believe! enter into Islam wholly (completely), and follow not the foot steps of the Satan, verily he is unto you an enemy manifest. (Surah Al-Baqarah 2:208)
- Allah says to the believers, to enter the fold of Islam, kaaffah, completely. We must adopt the external and internal Sunnahs (practices) of our Holy Prophet (saw). The ways of the unbelievers attract Allah’s punishment, so having even a single practice of the unbelievers in our lives, will attract punishment to us.
- We must repent, seek constant forgiveness, and beg for His help and mercy to be given protection when the apocalypse occurs, as only a small band of followers on Sayyidina Noah’s (as) Ark survived the devastating flood. (Maulana mentioned in past Suhbahs that six out of seven people will die during the Armageddon; no one who has cruelty in his heart will survive the War).
- Rasulullah (saw) said, “My Ahlul Bait (members of his household) are like the Ark; whoever are with them, will be saved.” Our Shaykh, who is an Ahlul bait, is teaching us today, how to get onto the Ark during the coming storm – arrange your entire lives to please Him, by following Rasulullah (saw)!
لَّقَدۡ كَانَ لَكُمۡ فِى رَسُولِ ٱللَّهِ أُسۡوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ۬ لِّمَن كَانَ يَرۡجُواْ ٱللَّهَ وَٱلۡيَوۡمَ ٱلۡأَخِرَ وَذَكَرَ ٱللَّهَ كَثِيرً۬ا
Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the praise of Allah. (Surah Al-Ahzab 33:21)
If you would like to listen to the actual Suhbah by Maulana Shaykh Nazim when it was recorded, please click here. Once at the site, please click on the Sohbat 08 Oct 2010.
Maulana Shaykh Nazim teaches daily, at 1800 hours GMT, please go to www.Saltanat.org to attend these illuminating lessons. There are no charges to attend these lessons, they are completely free-of-charge. These transcripts and Study materials are found at the Singapore Naqshbandi portal, recent.sufihub.com, these are also completely free-of-charge.