Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbah
5th March 2010, Friday
Turn your face in the direction of the Sacred Mosque
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana reminds us to honour Fridays, even the Christians honour Good Friday, but for us, all Fridays are good! The Jews honour Saturday, the Christians honour Sunday, but Maulana says that Friday comes before Saturday and Sunday in the week, hence it is an honour that our holy Day precedes theirs.
- Every Friday in Paradise, Allah will invite ahlul Jannah to a Divine feast, to bask in tajalli azam, so Juma’ah is honoured, not only in this dunia, but also in akherat. Each Friday in Paradise, these blessings are increased and multiplied, the inhabitants of Jannah receiving never ending pleasure and honour, each Friday!
- People of this century, are heedless ones, idiots, says Maulana, as they pay no attention to the hereafter, and what lies beyond it. Maulana sent salams on those who were taking care of their Fridays, to honour it, and he reminds us to beg Allah for protection from shaitan always , recite “Oh our Lord, protect us!” It is easy for Allah to send a tiny virus, specifically for shaitans, that would easily wipe out billions of these accursed creatures. A small creature can wreak massive havoc if supported by Divine Will, just like the tiny atoms in an atomic bomb causing such devastation when detonated.
- We are in the Last Days now, officially, the chain of events that will unfold as we come to the Day of Qiyamat and Resurrection, has already been set in motion. Like a train on the tracks that sounds its whistle to indicate that it is arriving at a station, we are already in that period, the final train is arriving at the final station, the Heavenly Forces are poised to strike. Once these heavenly Forces descend, Man will see things he has never seen, he will know things that he has never known, and will he will hear things that he has never heard. So take heed, come to Servanthood to your Lord, only that can save you.
- Allah says in the Holy Qur’an:
ٱلۡحَرَامِۚ ٱلۡمَسۡجِدِ شَطۡرَ وَجۡهَكَ فَوَلِّ خَرَجۡتَ حَيۡثُ وَمِنۡ
So from whencesoever thou startest forth, turn thy face in the direction of the Sacred Mosque (Quran 2:150)
- In the olden days, Man worshipped idols, like Zeus. Today, Man has made dunia (the pursuit of wealth and power) as their idol, and they have made dunia their support! Allah says, turn your face to Baitullah, the Ka’aba, the House of the Lord. Discard all the worldly idols from your life, stop making this worldly pursuit you main aim in life, and stop making your worldly treasures your support!
- Many countries are in crisis, and even those countries that others depend on, have fallen into massive debt. That is what happens when you put your faith in dunia. If the world’s banking and monetary system, had followed the Islamic principles of using gold instead of paper money, this current crisis could have been averted.
- As long as you are yearning and striving for this dunia, you cannot save yourself in this world and in the hereafter. Allah’s command to turn your faces to the House of the Lord, means to make heavenly goals your ultimate target in life. Though we cannot see the Ka’aba with our eyes from here, train the gaze of your spiritual eyes of the heart, on the Ka’aba, make the seeking of Divine pleasure, the attaining of Servanthood, as the reason for your existence on earth.
- What is the Ka’aba? Is it simply a four-walled structure built by Nabi Ibrahim (as) and Nabi Ismail (as)? No, it represents a Divine destination that we must aim to reach. It is a source of heavenly support from which we must tap – leave worldly supports, they are miniscule.
- Today, on almost every continent, there is a war. In Pakistan, Iraq, Palestine, Africa….what are these war-mongers seeking? “We must come to power,” they say. Power, asks Maulana? Look at this Ayat:
ضَعِيفً۬ا ٱلۡإِنسَـٰنُ وَخُلِقَ
For man was created weak (Quran 4:28)
- So what sort of power do they seek, when Allah has created Man, weak creatures? Man is weak, and only when Allah sends his help and support, will he attain strength!
إِنْ يَنْصُرْكُمُ اللَّهُ فَلَا غَالِبَ لَكُمْ وَإِنْ يَخْذُلْكُمْ فَمَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَنْصُرُكُمْ مِنْ بَعْدِهِ وَعَلَى اللَّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكَّلِ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ
If Allah helps you, none can overcome you: if He forsakes you, who is there after that that can help you? In Allah, then, let believers put their trust. (Quran 3:160)
- Look at the Seal of Prophets (saw), he was orphaned at a tender age of five – his father passed away when he was still in the womb, and his mother died when he was between four and five years old. Look at that helpless child born in an unknown desert, having no education or worldly riches, living amongst idol worshippers and warring tribes, he was alone, with no one to support him, only Allah. Many illustrious Kings in history, had massive armies and majestic palaces, yet where are they today? Like a shooting star, their star burned bright for a brief period in history, before they disappeared into oblivion. And what about Rasulullah (saw)? Coming from such a unlikely place, without any education, army or family, he succeeded! His name is remembered by billions around the world since that time, and we are all reciting Allahu Akbar, La ila ha illallah, Muhammadur Rasulullah (saw) because of him! Powerful Kings have disappeared (we don’t even know many of their names!), but that weak orphan has brought his message to billions. Maulana asks, who helped him? Who supported him?
- Without heavenly support, you will not be able to progress in your spiritual journey, and without support, Maulana says that he cannot even give one Suhbah! We are in need of constant heavenly support.
- Why are Muslim Nations of the world buying more and more weapons? Like fools, they spend billions of dollars on the latest weapons, when that money could be put to better use. We do not need weapons, we need to have faith in heavenly support. When a Companion of the Prophet (saw), Sa’ad ibn Abi Waqas led a small Muslim army from Medina, to spread Nurul Islam to Iraq, they reached the Tigris river, and had no means to cross it. The Persian armies, under Qisra, waited on the other bank, far out-numbering the Muslims, who occupied just two kilometers of the bank. Sa’ad read, “Bismillahi tawakkaltu ‘allallah” and the entire Muslim army, with their horses and weapons, galloped across the river, on its surface, towards the horrified enemy who fled in defeat, as they thought they were up against an army of Jinns! The small Muslim army marched all the way to Teheran, victorious, never troubled by larger and better equipped armies. So heavenly support, suffices!
- The Prophet (saw) said that a Muslim army of 20 000, can never be defeated, they shall certainly be victorious. Why aren’t we seeing this now? Muslims have lost their faith in heavenly support, we run from pig flu and erupting volcanoes, we tremble before dunia and love it so dearly, we have lost our way in the worldly wilderness. Oh Muslims, Maulana says, believe in Allah and His Rasul (saw), depend on His support, and you shall be saved! Those who follow this heavenly advice will be saved; those who reject it, will fall into Jahannam.