السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In case you missed it, here is a short synopsis of the Suhbah given at a Mawlid invitation last Saturday.
- The Mighty Qur’an descended in its entirety from the Preserved Tablet (Loh Mahfuz) to the lowest heavens on the night of Power. From there, it was dispensed in stages to Rasulullahﷺ.
- Allahﷻ taught Mankind throught the written word, the Holy Qur’an.
- Hence the first command was to Iqra – to Read.
- The Qur’an is the Mother of all Holy Books. Millions of books have been written by AwliyaAllah from it. Reading these books provides the raw knowledge from which understanding is built via Suhbahs.
- Read! One who wants to reach to Servanthood must read constantly. Taking from different Awliya’s understanding will pave the way to a clear view of one’s journey and destination.
- Several Hadeeth from Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani’sق kitab, Sufficient Provision for the Spiritual Traveller on the immense gifts of Ramadhan were shared in the Suhbah were shared in this Suhbah.
- Besides the Qur’an, the other matter intricately linked to the fasting month, is family.
- Include your family in your siyam wa qiyam – in your fasting (sahur, iftar) and your night vigil. Don’t do it alone and ignore your family. Show them its beauty by doing it as a jemaah.
- The on-going discussion of whether to do 8 or 20 raka’ats for terawih happened because the Prophetﷺ spent some days doing terawih with his family privately and not at the mosque on every single night. Following the Awliya, we not only do 20 raka’ats, but we also try to do this worshipping with our families too, to bond with them and make their hearts familiar and comfortable with worshipping.
- Save yourselves and your family from the fire. (Qur’an 66:6)
Please do watch the suhbah for the full elaboration on the points above here:
Listen on Spotify here:
Wa min Allah at-Tawfiq. Al-Fatiha.
• Telegram Bahasa: @SufiHubBahasa
• Telegram English: @SufiHubEnglish
• Instagram: @NaqshbandiSingapore
• Facebook: @SufiHub @NashbandiSingapore