This post is also available in: Arabisch Indonesisch Bengali Bosnisch Vereenvoudigd Chinees Creole (Pidgin English) Kroatisch Tsjechisch Engels Frans Duits Hindi Italiaans Japans Kazakh Koreaans Malay Portugees (Brazilië) Russisch Servisch Sinhalese Spaans Tagalog Tamil Bahasa Sug Temne (Sierra Leone) Turks Urdu Vietnamees
Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Snippets of Advice
Return to your homelands
14th December 2010
A’uzubillah himinash shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillah-hir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Shaykh Abdul Hamid was asking Maulana, what should we do to protect ourselves, our children, our families, and our loved ones, as we approached these last days. What must we do? Where must we be? How can we be prepared for the coming chaotic events?
- Maulana said that, we are in the days where Curses are descending upon us, as Muslims are running from East to West, not in search of knowledge, deen or Mawla, but in search of dunia. They are migrating to Western countries and working there, they are trying to make these Western countries their homelands, but it is impossible – their newly adopted homelands can never be like their original homelands. No matter how many Muslims form a Community in their newly adopted homelands, they will always be a minority, and the majority will always be the unbelievers. Hence it is impossible to have a situation where there is unity and acceptance, as not every citizen welcomes the presence of these migrants in their lands. There is an uneasy relationship with the locals there, and more than 60 millions Muslim migrants face this unpleasant situation.
- We must not trust the ways of those who do not share our beliefs. Allah says:
وَلَا تُؤۡمِنُوٓاْ إِلَّا لِمَن تَبِعَ دِينَكُمۡ
And believe no one unless he follows your religion. (Quran 3:73)
- Since the unbelievers do not believe in what we believe in, we cannot trust them fully and unconditionally. Deep in their hearts, they are always unhappy with us, as our beliefs do not coincide with theirs, and we are always upholding what we believe in, against their beliefs.
- Don’t feel entrenched there, now that you have built hundreds of mosques, colleges and institutions in these Western countries. Don’t feel that you have achieved something by having built a large successful business there. Wealth cannot protect your beliefs and faith. No matter what you have built, you are but migrant citizens, you are not, and will never be accepted, as natives in that land. In one night, all that you have erected and built for yourselves there, can be taken away. So never feel that your homes and businesses are protected or secure.
- So this message is for Arabs, Pakistanis, Indians and Turks who have migrated to Western countries (like Britain and France). Maulana says, it is not merely a message, it is a warning. You will not be able to sleep safely in such lands, for you are amongst those who believe that Islam is not true, and who are always trying to undermine Islam, both openly and subtly. You are amongst those whom you cannot trust to be fair to you.
- Rasulullah (saw) has spoken of the approaching Armageddon, it is certain to occur without doubt, and it will claim the lives of millions of humans. It will be the most horrific war ever fought on this planet, after which there will never be another war of that scale between nations or between religions.
- If you can find a way to return to your own homelands with your families, you will be safe and secure, when this dreaded event takes place, as you will be amongst fellow Muslims in the land of your birth. Do not remain as refugees in a foreign country; instead, make your way back to your homelands, to seek peace and tranquility amongst believers. Take the wealth that you have amassed thus far, bring it back to your own countries, and build new businesses, new cities, new towns and new farms there. True, the profits and opportunities to make money may not be as great, when compared to what you could earn in Western countries, but you are safer back home – both your faith and your loved ones. This, Maulana says, is a warning, for all Muslims.
- So start taking gradual steps to return to your homelands. Some migrants fear poverty and hunger, should they return to their backward homelands. Do not fear, Maulana says, the Lord of Heavens will not let you die from hunger. Was it not He who fed you and enriched you when you were migrants in foreign lands? Surely, He is able to sustain and provide for you, when you obey Him by returning to your homelands!
- For those who are really unable to heed this advice to return to their homelands due to genuine reasons, Maulana says, at least try to move away from the cities (in your newly adopted homelands), and move to the countryside, for that is far safer than being in the cities. Form small communities in the countryside of not more than a hundred families. Enjoy the wide open spaces, live far apart from one another, not clustered close together. Maintain good relationships with all neighbours, be they believers or non-believers, locals or fellow migrants. Keep your homes secure when you sleep, you may use alarms or dogs for that matter. This allows you to sleep soundly, and to be prepared should there be a surprise attack.
- Keep supplies or essentials, such that you may be able to survive for at least three months, without having to re-stock on supplies. Be totally independent of city life, that is, stock up such that you can survive without stepping into the city for at least three months, should the situation deteriorate.
- At night, do not switch on the compound lights, let it remain dark naturally. And recite Holy Verses for Heavenly protection.
Maulana prayed that Allah protects His servants.
- A Hadees says that the desire for the homeland is a sign of faith. In the light of the approaching Armageddon, Maulana advises us to return to our homelands, or, if that is not possible, to move to the countryside, and to, at all times, remain alert and vigilant. Although true believers are never aggressors, we do not know what lies in the hearts of the unbelievers.
وَلَن تَرۡضَىٰ عَنكَ ٱلۡيَہُودُ وَلَا ٱلنَّصَـٰرَىٰ حَتَّىٰ تَتَّبِعَ مِلَّتَہُمۡۗ
Never will the Jews nor the Christians be pleased with you (Oh Muhammad) till you follow their religion (Quran 2:120)