Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Suhbah
22nd December 2009, Tuesday
Refuting the Claim that Jesus is God
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana says that a person is important, only if Allah considers him important. If you consider yourself important, or your peers consider you important, that is irrelevant if you are unimportant in the sight of Allah. So seek to please Allah, not your peers.
- Wahabi/Salafi scholars are quick to say quote the Hadees, that every new thing in religion is an Innovation (Bida’ah), and every Bida’ah leads one astray. They are quick to say that the title of Sultanul Awliya is a Bida’ah, but strangely enough, when one of them adds the title of Doctor in front of his name after graduation, that is not considered an Innovation. They pounce upon petty acts and debate them endlessly, whilst not doing anything about major Innovations, like co-ed Colleges that promote free mixing of youth, in their communities. Maulana reminds us that besides Awliya Allah (friends of Allah), there are also Awliya Shaitan (friends of shaitan), so we must beware of them, for they come to us under the guise of learned scholars.
- Awliya Allah, are always mixing with their communities, advising and helping people, they do not isolate themselves from their communities. Awliya Allah understand Rasulullah (saw), they take the Holy Qur’an from the heart of the Prophet (saw). So place your hearts before these Awliya – submit to them – and you will learn and progress in your journey.
- Christians claim that Jesus was the Son of God. What proof do they offer, when none in the heavens has seen Jesus on the Throne of Allah, beside Him. Allah hears these strange utterance from them, and He has refuted these claims in the Qur’an.
- In the Holy Qur’an, Allah showed that both Nabi Isa (as) and his mother ate and drank earthly food. In Surah Maryam, an Angel spoke to Maryam as follows, “Grieve not! Your Lord has placed a rivulet beneath you. And shake the trunk of the palm tree toward you; you will cause ripe dates to fall upon you. So eat and drink and be consoled.” And in Surah Al Maidah, Allah said, “The Messiah, son of Maryam, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before him. And his mother was a saintly woman. And they both used to eat (earthly) food. See how we make the revelation clear for them, and see how they turned away.”(Ayat 75).
- So it is clear that they both ate and drank. As such, they would certainly have had to use the toilet to relieve themselves. Hence, how can Nabi Isa (as) or his mother be considered as Gods alongside Allah, when they were subjected to the human indignity of having to defaecate and urinate, having eaten and drunk, from this earthly realm?
- And if Gods had to eat, how many goats would it take to satisfy God’s hunger, Maulana asks? And would God also eat vegetables? Or does God fast like us too? Who would be His cook then? Use your mind, do not continue to be blinded by emotion, reason with yourself. Surely it is clear that God doesn’t eat, hence the very fact that Jesus and his mother, ate and visited the toilet, is enough proof, that they were not Gods alongside Allah. Maulana says that this single piece of knowledge is enough to rebut any claims to Divinity associated with Nabi Isa (as) or his mother. Even Angels do not eat, how is it that someone who is hailed as the Son of God, can be eating and drinking on Earth, together with his Companions? This is a powerful and irrefutable rebuttal to any claims of Divinity.
- Maulana reminds us not to be proud, not to try to explain the Secrets of the Unseen, without certainty of knowledge. Each time you feel proud, remember, you must visit the toilet no matter how great or important you think you are, no one can live without having to visit the toilet to relieve himself of his filth.
- The Day of Judgement draws closer by day, cleanse yourself, purify yourself for this journey to the Divine Presence. To be granted an Audience with the Lord is an unmatched honour, reserved ONLY for purified ones. Allah says in a Hadees Qudsi, “I was a hidden secret, I created Man to discover that secret.” One who believes in more than One God, is like a person who has fallen into a pit of faeces, covering him with filth, from head to toe. Do you think that the King will grant an audience to one who comes to His gate, covered in stinking filth and a horrendous odour? Only the chosen few, the spotless and purified ones, will be granted a Divine audience.
- All of us shudder at the thought of being Judged by Allah, but Tayfur Abu Yazid Al-Bistami (ra), a great saint and the 6th GrandShaykh of our Naqshbandi Golden Chain, said that he yearns for that Day, for he yearns to hear Allah call out his name, as he has been waiting for that moment, ever since he was created. Abu Yazid said that, even if Allah were to send him to Hell after that, the joy of experiencing Allah calling his name, would extinguish the flames of hell for him.
- Maulana advises all of us to take this advice and to act upon it. Do not view Maulana as a hapless old man, his advice is for all humans on this planet. Maulana gives the example of how a solitary ant called out to the entire valley of ants, to beware the coming of Nabi Sulaiman’s (as) army. Despite its tiny size and weak voice, Allah brought that ant’s message/advice, to ALL the ants in the huge valley. So although Maulana is frail and aged, the Divine message he has been tasked to bring, will reach the furthest recesses of this planet.
- Oh Muslims, know your Lord, praise and glorify Him, seek His forgiveness, and may He honour us with a glimpse of His Divine beauty, with an audience to behold the Divine Secret. Ameen.