This post is also available in: Arabic Bahasa Indonesia Bengali Bosnian Chinese (Simplified) Creole (Pidgin English) Croatian Czech Dutch French German Hindi Italian Japanese Kazakh Korean Malay Portuguese (Brazil) Russian Serbian Sinhalese Spanish Tagalog Tamil Bahasa Sug Temne (Sierra Leone) Turkish Urdu Vietnamese
Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Suhbah
Maulana addresses Egyptians (Part 2)
Oh citizens/people of Egypt, bring back your King!
A’uzubillah himinash shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillah-hir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
(In this second installment, Maulana expertly explains the causes and solutions, to the current situation. Commentaries have been included within the Summary itself, and these are in a different coloured font.)
1) Who should be Leader of Egypt?
- Everyone is asking, “Who should lead Egypt after Mubarak?” It is amazing that in an Arab-speaking, Muslim country, no one thinks of seeking the answer from the Holy Quran! As mentioned in an earlier Suhbah, the Holy Book teaches us believers who are seeking a Leader, not to hold elections, but to seek out a King. Give everyone his rights! The right of Egypt is to be governed by its exiled King, His Majesty King Fouad II. Go seek out His Majesty, King Ahmed Fouad Farouk, the son of King Farouk, whom you had exiled in 1952. He is also known as King Fouad II. The olden day Saints had predicted that this day would come, that corruption of morals would spread without fail, until Egypt’s Throne is returned to its rightful owner. Seek out your true King, that is the Divine Will! (You may read about King Fouad and support His Majesty on his Facebook page, he is the true King of Egypt and Sudan.)
- In the past, the evil ones who deposed of the late King Farouk fabricated countless lies about him to defame him, and today, they will see their actions come back to bite them – Allah will punish severely, those who rose against their Kings! Maulana says that King Ahmed Fouad II, the forgiven one and the betrayed one, must return to claim his rightful place, only then will true peace and calm descend upon Egypt. King Ahmed Fouad II – all Saints know him by name, is the true Divinely appointed King of Egypt and Sudan. There is no other way, even for Yemen, Libya, Damascus, Turkey and Iraq – except to appoint their rightful Kings.
- So much falsehood and propaganda has been written about King Farouk and about the Ottoman Kings in the Western history books and websites. Enemies of Islam have cleverly fabricated so much about the Muslim rulers, to portray them as leaders who spent all their time indulging in sin and sex. Maulana spoke out very strongly against this, for these were God-fearing, Divinely-inspired rulers, who ruled with Shariah and upheld Allah’s Commandments. Do not trust all that your read, always investigate thoroughly before you blindly and unknowing spread such fabrications about our noble stalwarts, and bring sin upon yourself, for such words of slander are very heavy on the scales of Judgement.
يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓاْ إِن جَآءَكُمۡ فَاسِقُۢ بِنَبَإٍ۬ فَتَبَيَّنُوٓاْ أَن تُصِيبُواْ قَوۡمَۢا بِجَهَـٰلَةٍ۬ فَتُصۡبِحُواْ عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلۡتُمۡ نَـٰدِمِينَ
O you who believe! If a Fasiq (liar/evil person) comes to you with any news, verify it, lest you should harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful for what you have done. (Quran 49:6)
إِذۡ تَلَقَّوۡنَهُ ۥ بِأَلۡسِنَتِكُمۡ وَتَقُولُونَ بِأَفۡوَاهِكُم مَّا لَيۡسَ لَكُم بِهِۦ عِلۡمٌ۬ وَتَحۡسَبُونَهُ ۥ هَيِّنً۬ا وَهُوَ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ عَظِيمٌ۬
Behold ye received it on your tongues and said out of your mouths things of which ye had no knowledge; and ye thought it to be a light matter, while it was most serious in the sight of Allah. (Quran 24:15)
- It is the easiest thing in the world for a Professor to publish a book about a time when none of us were alive, fill it with lies and propaganda, infuse the author’s hatred for Islam there, and voila – we have a new text-book, that will be used as the ‘official guide’ to history in that period. Just check out Wikipedia on King Farouk of Egypt, and the Ottomans, and you will see what I mean. So beware what you read, and what you believe, don’t let those who despise Islam shape your views on the noble Muslims of yesterday. Our current generation is one who has instant access to so much information on the internet, beware this campaign of subtle mis-information that is designed to make us ashamed of our heritage, whereas, in reality, our forefathers would be deeply ashamed of us, if they could see our condition today. We have been subtly and systematically taught to despise and avoid the ways of our pious ancestors, through a concerted media effort, and we have indeed believed in what we have been fed, hence we have sunk into the stinking sewage today.
- A Hadith says that the Holy Prophet (saw) was reclining comfortably when, suddenly overcome with emotion, he sat up and said: “I swear by Allah that you people cannot attain salvation, unless you prevent the tyrants from tyranny.”
2) Why will democracy not work in Egypt (or elsewhere for that matter)?
- Allah has never taught Man to elect a leader. Not once has it been mentioned in the Quran. Allah teaches Man, that the job must go, to the one who is most qualified, not the one who is most popular. Rasulullah (saw) said, “When Authority is given to one who is not qualified for a task, then prepare for Judgement Day.” (which means that we will see this phenomenon more and more frequently as we approach Qiyamat. Look at how many actors, sportsmen, models and even porn stars are now entering politics! With good looks and a huge fan base, they are catapulted into power and the next thing we know, they are seated in Parliament, tending to state affairs. How often have we seen on TV, politicians brawling during Parliamentary session, throwing shoes and chairs at each other? Too often indeed.)
- Maulana gave an illustration as to what Democracy really is:
|“Once upon a time, there was a ship that was about to set sail for Cyprus. But wait! There is no captain. So instead of hiring a captain who is skilled at guiding the boat, the people of the village decided to elect someone. “Skill is not a pre-requisite,” they cried, “what is important, is that we chose him!” Seven candidates stepped forward, including the local baker, grocer and doctor, amongst other people. Since the doctor was the most well-known, and most highly educated, they chose him, and he bacame the new captain. It never occured to the people, that the doctor, was indeed qualified in medicine, but knew nothing about sailing. They applauded wildly in happinees, at having found a new captain, and they hoisted him up and placed him in the captain’s cabin.
The doctor began sailing the ship, but not knowing how to read a compass, he began drifting in circles. When one of the passenger tried to correct him, he got angry and shouted, “I am the captain-in-command here, do not confuse me by talking too much. If you continue to do so, I shall throw you overboard. What is important, is that we are moving already, that is enough.” The night was a dark one, and the seas treacherous – suddenly the ship runs aground in shallow waters, in an unknown place, far from their intended destination.
“What has happened? We were not planning to travel here! We were headed to Cyprus!” cried the angry passengers.
“What are you angry about?” the doctor retorted, “at least we reached somewhere! I am the captain, if you are not happy with me, you may leave this ship.”
“We would like to, but there is no jetty or port here to alight, we will drown if we leave the ship,” said the anguished passengers.
“Then you may choose to simply remain on board,’ said the doctor nonchalantly.
- An unqualified captain leads the people astray, puts them in danger, and in the end is disinterested in their issues, and has little compassion for them. How many democratically-elected governments have brought their countries into chaos today? Each time citizens complain about the government, they must remember that it is they who chose that government, just like the passengers in the example above! It is vicious cycle of empty promises, as every one who wants to be elected must offer sweets and great reforms. Citizens are promised a better life, justice and abundance. When he is unable to fulfill his pre-election promises, the people become disgruntled and disillusioned, and they want a change in government. So some leave the ship, and others who are too apathetic to care, simply stay on board the ship! It’s time for the next election, and the cycle continues, time to elect another ship captain.
- Maulana says, people can’t even choose a healthy watermelon from the market-place with certainty, so how can they know what is contained within the heart, mind, personality and ability of a person who is standing for elections? Each time people elect an unqualified one, they are messing with the Divine order, and whoever attempts to prove the Divine Way wrong, will burn. If Man insists on having his way, and stubbornly upholds a system that will not work, Allah will damn such nations and humble them to dust – that is Maulana’s stern warning.
- When the difficult task of rationing food for seven years was faced by the King of Egypt, he gave the task to the most qualified one, not the elcted one.
قَالَ ٱجۡعَلۡنِى عَلَىٰ خَزَآٮِٕنِ ٱلۡأَرۡضِۖ إِنِّى حَفِيظٌ عَلِيمٌ۬
(Yusuf) said: “Set me over the storehouses of the land: I will indeed guard them, as one who knows (their importance).” (Quran 12:55)
Read how Sayyidina Yusuf (as) succeeded in his mammoth task here.
- Maulana spoke out sharply at a recent TV show that portrayed King Suleyman the Magnificent cavorting with women. How dare they fabricate such lies about the great Ottoman Kings? He ruled twenty million square kilometres, three continents and the Mediterranean, for forty-six years, alone. He did not have a parliament or deputies. He had will and authority, he had seven viziers and a grand vizier, he ruled the three continents with a mere fifty-five competent and trusted people. Today, the Turkish people filled their parliament with five-hundred lawmakers, and what are these people doing? They are fighting each other, and they don’t care about the people; they don’t fear Allah.
3) Anti-Jewish Governments
- How saddening that Muslim countries have even adopted Marxist ways to rule; so many Arab countries build their Nationalistic ideology on a hatred towards the Jews. Is that a heavenly teaching embodied in Islam? No. They have been influenced by elements outside the fold of Islam. It was Hitler who propagated such beliefs, so why are Arab countries following this deviant one, and promoting hatred, as a unifying battle-cry? It is this adoption of un-Islamic teachings that have brought the downfall of the Muslims today. Allah said:
يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلنَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقۡنَـٰكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ۬ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلۡنَـٰكُمۡ شُعُوبً۬ا وَقَبَآٮِٕلَ لِتَعَارَفُوٓاْۚ
“O mankind! Lo! We have created you male and female, and have made you nations and tribes that ye may know one another” (Quran 49:13).
Read this earlier Suhbah about the importance of loving all peoples, as shown by Allah’s Chosen One.
4) Why has this disaster befallen Egypt?
- So many Egyptians have never realized it, but Egypt is a protected land, its name means the ‘protected one’. It is a land of Saints – the Pillar Saints (Awtad), the Pole Saints (Aqtab), the Budala, the Nujaba, the Nuqoba and the Akhyar. It is the land of the Maqams of Ahlul Bayt (the Holy Prophet’s family), so ask for their support. Allah’s protection continues, as long as the threshold of disobedience is not surpassed, but once disrespect and disdain for His Law becomes rife, once corruption and abominations are practised unshamedly, then this protection is withdrawn, and in its place descends His Divine Wrath, for Allah hates corruption.
- Maulana asks a simple-sounding, yet very profound question. “What does Allah want from his servants?”
The answer? “He wants us to walk the straight path in life.”
ٱهۡدِنَا ٱلصِّرَٲطَ ٱلۡمُسۡتَقِيمَ
Show us the straight path (Quran 1:6)
No crookedness is tolerated. That is why this is a constant reminder in Surah Fatihah, so that we practice it every moment of our lives. It is for that reason that the Prophet made sure the prayer lines (Saff) during congregational prayer are always straight – never crooked!
- The slightest deviation from the razor thin Bridge called Siraat, and we fall into Jahannam. So any detour from the straight path, leads to pain and sufferings. Allah commands us to walk on truth, and to cleanse ourselves of filth and corruption, physically and spiritually. When Man becomes corrupted, he falls off the Siraat, and into Divine chastisement. That is what has befallen Egypt.
قُلۡ هُوَ ٱلۡقَادِرُ عَلَىٰٓ أَن يَبۡعَثَ عَلَيۡكُمۡ عَذَابً۬ا مِّن فَوۡقِكُمۡ أَوۡ مِن تَحۡتِ أَرۡجُلِكُمۡ أَوۡ يَلۡبِسَكُمۡ شِيَعً۬ا وَيُذِيقَ بَعۡضَكُم بَأۡسَ بَعۡضٍۗ ٱنظُرۡ كَيۡفَ نُصَرِّفُ ٱلۡأَيَـٰتِ لَعَلَّهُمۡ يَفۡقَهُونَ
Say: “He has power to send torment on you from above or from under your feet, or to cover you with confusion in party strife, and make you to taste the violence of one another.” See how variously We explain the Ayât (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), so that they may understand. (Quran 6:65)
- Allah sends punishment, by making Man taste violence from one another. Look at what is happening in Tahrir Square today! Look what happened in Bosnia, Palestine and during the World Wars. And that is what will happen during the Armageddon.
- Once the Companions of the Holy Prophet (SallalIaho alaihe wasallam) asked Him: ‘`O Messenger of Allah! (SalIaIlaho alaihe wasallam) can we-people be destroyed even when there are certain pious God-fearing persons among us?” He answered: “Yes, when evil deeds predominate in a society.”
5) Why is no one inviting to goodness from amongst Egyptians?
- Maulana says that there must be amongst every community, those who invite people to leave their evil ways, and to return to the pure ways of Allah.
كُنتُمۡ خَيۡرَ أُمَّةٍ أُخۡرِجَتۡ لِلنَّاسِ تَأۡمُرُونَ بِٱلۡمَعۡرُوفِ وَتَنۡهَوۡنَ عَنِ ٱلۡمُنڪَرِ وَتُؤۡمِنُونَ بِٱللَّهِۗ وَلَوۡ ءَامَنَ أَهۡلُ ٱلۡڪِتَـٰبِ لَكَانَ خَيۡرً۬ا لَّهُمۚ مِّنۡهُمُ ٱلۡمُؤۡمِنُونَ وَأَڪۡثَرُهُمُ ٱلۡفَـٰسِقُونَ
Ye are the best community that hath been raised up for mankind. Ye enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency; and ye believe in Allah. And if the People of the Scripture had believed it had been better for them. Some of them are believers; but most of them are evil-livers. (Quran 3:110)
- A community is honoured when it is constantly striving to enjoin good and to forbid evil. Unfortunately, shaitan began to take baby steps with the Egyptian community, when the soft-hearted King of Egypt was deposed, and the devil has been growing in influence since then, until he has becomes an indispensable part of their culture, dealings and relationships.
6) What happens when a community leaves advising one another?
- A Hadith says that the Holy Prophet (saw) said: “You people must preach the Truth, and prevent the sinners from doing forbidden things, and check the tyrants, to bring them towards the right path, otherwise you will be accursed and your hearts will be corrupted, just as Allah did with Bani Israel.”
- Hazrat Jareer bin Abdullah (Radhiallaho anho) says, “l heard the Messenger of Allah (saw) saying: `’ When a sin is committed before an individual or a group and they do not prevent it, in spite of having the capability, then Allah inflicts a severe punishment on them before their death.”
- The Holy Prophet (saw) said: “You must command people to do good, and restrain them from evil, otherwise Allah will cause such a tyrant to rule over you, who will not respect your elders, and will not have mercy on your youngsters. Then you people will pray to Him but He will not accept your prayer; you will ask Him for help, but He will not help you; you will seek His pardon, but He will not pardon you!”
- Maulana said, today’s Muslims, have fallen to the lowest level of immoraity and degradation in the history of Mankind! We have fallen into the types of sin and perversity, that no other Nation before us has ever done, we have established new heights in depravity and corruption, that none before us, had even dreamt of.
7) What is meant by the word ‘corruption’?
- Corruption is when a matter is judged without being based on what Allah has decreed. A tyrant will act based on his ego, not according to Allah’s Commands. Egypt has fallen into a deep pit of corruption and injustice now. The head of all corruption is injustice.
وَمَن لَّمۡ يَحۡكُم بِمَآ أَنزَلَ ٱللَّهُ فَأُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ هُمُ ٱلۡكَـٰفِرُونَ
If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers. (Quran 5:44)
وَمَن لَّمۡ يَحۡڪُم بِمَآ أَنزَلَ ٱللَّهُ فَأُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ هُمُ ٱلظَّـٰلِمُونَ
And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) wrong-doers. (Quran 5:45)
مَن لَّمۡ يَحۡڪُم بِمَآ أَنزَلَ ٱللَّهُ فَأُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ هُمُ ٱلۡفَـٰسِقُونَ
If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) those who rebel. (Quran 5:47)
- Allah describes those who act, based on their whims and fancies, and not by the Light of the Quranic injunctions, as kafiroon, zholimoon, fasiqoon – unbelievers, evil-doers and rebels. Each one of us who rules with ego and anger is a tyrant! Those who force others to obey our wayward teachings, are dictators.
- Sayyid Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani (ra) wrote in his Kitab, Futuh al-Ghaib, in the first discourse:
In every instance, a believer must be aware of three things:
- There may be a commandment to be obeyed
- There may be a prohibition to be respected
- There is a Divine Decree (Taqdir) to be accepted with redha, submission and good grace.
He said that, even in the most trivial of circumstances, at least one of these three occurs. So a believer must judge what actions to perform in each moment, by the Light of the Quranic guidance. That is the meaning of ‘being on the straight path’. Once we leave that path, we fall into corruption and sin. So be constantly aware of the Commands of your Lord, at every moment.
8 ) How did Egypt become corrupted?
- Maulana recounted a story, in which he travelled to Cairo, some fifty years ago, with a companion, Shaykh Abu Bakr. A local Egyptian man accosted him, dressed in turban and jubba, but he did not sport a beard. He said to Maulana, “The likes of you, there are 100 000 in Egypt,” (as if to imply that they had no need for any other visiting ‘aleem, as there were many such learned ones in Egypt). Maulana, feeling the Divine Anger within his heart, asked him, “If that is so, why is there so much corruption in this country?” and the man left in a huff, rejecting what Maulana had said to him. That was five decades ago, when the population of Cairo was a mere 3 million. Today, the population is close to 20 million, and the level of corruption of the morals has risen manyfold since that fateful meeting.
- Egypt is a holy land, home to many Maqams of Prophets, Ahlul Bayts (the revered Sayyidina Hussain (ra) and Sayyidah Nafisah Thohirah (ra) are buried here), Companions and Saints (eg Imam Shafiee (ra)). It is a sacred place (like Makkah and Medina Shareef), one which we must all treat with the utmost respect.
يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ خُذُواْ حِذۡرَڪُمۡ
O ye who believe! Take your precautions (Quran 4:71)
This was the advice given by Prophet Ya’qub (as) to his tens sons, who were going to Egypt to collect the rationed grain during the famine, from their brother, the Wazir, Prophet Yusuf (as), though they did not know that it was him initially. Prophet Ya’qub (as) advised them to take precautions when entering Egypt, to enter with respect, with adab!
- Yet, Egypt has opened its doors as a tourist haven, a place to sin by the beach and a country that is willing to tolerate permissiveness and moral corruption, for the sake of tourist dollars.
- The news reported that just before the crisis, there were one million tourists in Egypt, mostly at the sleazy beach resorts along Sharm el-Sheikh. There is much nudity and toplessness there, bars and shady nightclubs, offering prostitutes and drugs. While researching about Egypt’s tourism to write this Summary, I came across a forum in which some local Egyptians requested that Western tourists should refrain from walking around half-naked and topless, and they should respect the local Moslem culture. This is what the tourists replied – “I saw an ad on TV promoting this beach resort getaway. The ad was filled with beautiful ladies with long legs and the skimpiest of bikinis that hid practically nothing, and I was really shocked at how provocating and sleazy the ad made the resort seem. At the end of the ad, I was even more shocked to know that it was Egypt that the ad was promoting! And the clincher? The ad was comissioned by the Egyptian government itself! So if the Egyptians portray themselves as a destination of sun, sea, sand, and sex, that is the type of tourist who will visit. If they don’t respect their own religion, how do they expect us to respect it?”
- So it is true, as Maulana had said, that the sacred, holy and protected land of Egypt has been actively promoted for decades, as a decadent destination of unbridled sinful pleasures of the flesh! It is no wonder that Divine Anger is descending upon them now.
- To local Egyptians, these visitors/tourists are a valuable source of income, hence they condoned all these illicit activities, in order to thrive financially. Yet, they did not realize that they had become a dumping ground for tonnes of physical and spiritual filth of unbelievers, and they had defiled the holy land of Egypt by allowing the unbelievers of the world to defeacate on it, and they had desecrated the Holy Maqams by the spreading filth which corrupted their beliefs, ideology and morals. It is this that has caused Allah to lift the protection on Egypt, and in its place descends His Wrath instead.
- Just as unbelievers are not allowed in the protected Holy Sanctuaries of Makkah and Medina, the Holy Maqams in Egypt must be accorded similar treatment – do not fear the drop in tourist dollars – Hasbunallah, Allah is Sufficient for us!
يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓاْ إِنَّمَا ٱلۡمُشۡرِكُونَ نَجَسٌ۬ فَلَا يَقۡرَبُواْ ٱلۡمَسۡجِدَ ٱلۡحَرَامَ بَعۡدَ عَامِهِمۡ هَـٰذَاۚ وَإِنۡ خِفۡتُمۡ عَيۡلَةً۬ فَسَوۡفَ يُغۡنِيكُمُ ٱللَّهُ مِن فَضۡلِهِۦۤ إِن شَآءَۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ حَڪِيمٌ۬
O ye who believe! Truly the unbelievers are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs approach the Sacred Mosque. And if ye fear poverty, soon will Allah enrich you, if He wills out of His bounty for Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise. (Quran 9:28)
Allah advises us to keep the unbelievers and their filthy morals, out of the sacred places – and fear not that the drop in tourism will bring you poverty. Allah will enrich you both physically and spiritually, you will never lose in being obedient to Allah.
- Repent, with a true repentance, taubatan nasuha.
وَمَن تَابَ وَعَمِلَ صَـٰلِحً۬ا فَإِنَّهُ ۥ يَتُوبُ إِلَى ٱللَّهِ مَتَابً۬ا
And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds, then verily, he repents towards Allâh with true repentance. (Quran 25:71)
- Whoever rejects this advice, the Anger of Allah will descend upon them.
فَإِن يَتُوبُواْ يَكُ خَيۡرً۬ا لَّهُمۡۖ وَإِن يَتَوَلَّوۡاْ يُعَذِّبۡہُمُ ٱللَّهُ عَذَابًا أَلِيمً۬ا فِى ٱلدُّنۡيَا وَٱلۡأَخِرَةِۚ وَمَا لَهُمۡ فِى ٱلۡأَرۡضِ مِن وَلِىٍّ۬ وَلَا نَصِيرٍ۬
If they repent it will be better for them; and if they turn away, Allah will afflict them with a painful doom in the world and the Hereafter, and they have no protecting friend nor helper in the earth. (Quran 9:74)
- Look not at me, Maulana says, I am but a weak and hapless 90 year old one. I am but a mouthpiece, he continued, to bring to you advice from the high ranking Saints (Awtad) of Egypt. I am not seeking to be known as a Shaykh, he said, I just want you to uphold the Shariat of Allah.
- Know your limits and respect Allah’s Commandments, uphold the Shariah and be careful of His Anger. Maulana makes this call also to those in Tunisia, Sudan, Libya, Damascus, Iran, Iraq, Saudi, Algeria, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, Emirates.
- Maulana said that his task is just to advice, for religion is advice. If you accept the advice, you will win. The wheels of destiny will turn, and what is written will come to pass, you cannot stop it and you cannot change it. The punishments and curses descending upon Mankind, cannot be lifted, except if Man returns to the teachings of the Lord Almighty, to His Shariah. There is no other way. Period.
- Maulana says, “What I am bringing you is advice from those in the Golden Chain and from the Awtad (Pillar Saints) of Egypt. Keep Egypt in your prayers.”