This post is also available in: Arabic Indonesian Bengali Bosnian Chinese (Simplified) Creole (Pidgin English) Croatian Czech Dutch English French German Italian Japanese Kazakh Korean Malay Portuguese (Brazil) Russian Serbian Sinhalese Spanish Tagalog Tamil Bahasa Sug Temne (Sierra Leone) Turkish Urdu Vietnamese
Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Suhbah
24th January 2010, Sunday
Each atom has its own personality
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Every creation of Allah is alive, and glorifies Him. Every atom is created by Allah, and each atom has a separate existence, a life of its own.
- Today, scientists have discovered more than 90 different naturally occurring elements, hence there are 90+ different types of atoms in existence. Scientists are using the latest technology to try and create atoms of new man-made elements, but these atoms are unable to exist in a stable manner, and they disintegrate. See how Man cannot give ‘life’, cannot give existence to even ONE atom, without Allah’s permission. All of Mankind cannot give life to even ONE atom, yet Allah gives life/existence/stability to trillions and trillions and trillions of atoms!
- Man’s faculty of understanding is severely limited, he can only picture and fathom something, within the limits of his mind, within the boundaries of intelligence that he is endued with.
- For example, the phrase from ‘pre-eternity to eternity’ is used fairly often, but we really do not understand what it means in reality. What was it like, before creation was created, before time was created, in a time where time itself, did not exist. And what about eternity, what is the concept of time then, when it goes on forever? We cannot really grasp the reality of this understanding fully, we are weak ones.
- Allah says in a Hadees Qudsi, “Kuntu kamzan maghfiyan,” which means, “I am that One, I was a secret treasure.” The translated words do not carry the same weight as the Arabic words, and the Arabic words themselves portray Allah in a way that our mind can never understand. Even to translate the first Arabic word into English – “I am” – it cannot capture the essence of what Allah means when He says, “I am.”An Ocean of words cannot explain what Allah means by that statement. For when Allah said those words, no other creation existed to hear it, and He said, “I am here. I am your Lord. I am here.”
- He then said, “I was a hidden treasure.” What do our minds understand from the word ‘treasure’? We cannot even come close to picture and understand what sort of treasure Allah is. Even if all the treasure in the entire Universe was gathered, it is not an apt description of what Allah is saying, and even if the entire Universe itself were a treasure, every atom of it, it still cannot describe what treasure is mentioned by Allah. And even if we tried to describe the treasure from pre-eternal to eternity, we could never explain what is meant by Allah being a hidden treasure.
- Even an atom is a treasure in itself, it contains unlimited power. Maulana asks scientists, if anyone has ever seen or touched or seen or burnt an atom? No. So why are they so proud, they should prostrate before Allah in humility. An atom is more powerful that all of the creation, just look – when Man learnt to harness just a little bit of the atom’s hidden power – he created the atomic bomb. And the power of that entire explosion hinges on the power contained in just ONE atom in the bomb.
- Man has never seen, never touched, never burnt an atom, yet an atom contains enough energy to burn the whole world 100 times over! Just imagine the power that is hidden by Allah, in each atom. So if we cannot see or understand the the hidden power in an atom, how are we to understand the Creator of the atom, the ‘hidden treasure’, Himself? It is impossible to know the condition of Allah, so never ask that question, the human mind is not able to approach the understanding of Allah existence.
- Hidden within each atom, is an Ocean of knowledge, some of it known to Man, other parts, unknown. And each atom, just like humans, has a personality of its own. So if we are unable to understand completely about even one atom’s unique personality, how are to understand every atom’s personality? And how are we to understand the One who created all these atoms with their unique personalities? It is impossible. Man doesn’t even understand his own self, his own personality/nature, completely, so how can he truly know about Allah’s nature? A human being has difficulty even re-assembling a dismantled clock, how are we to really understand Allah’s existence? It is impossible to do so.
- Sayyidina Ali (karamallah wajhu), a vastly knowledgeable Companion, was once asked, “How is the condition of Allah?” to which he replied, “Allah is He who created the meaning of the ‘How’ in your question, hence it is impossible to understand Him, so leave such a question.”
- In conclusion, we must know that He has an existence that is 100% completely different from the existence of the rest of the creation. He is the Creator, He never resembles the creation. As long as you know and believe this, you are going to be granted more and more heavenly lights, and more knowledge will be granted to you.
- Oh people, do not waste time, try to understand your mission during this brief worldly life, so that you may achieve your aim and attain safety and honour on the Day of Judgement.
وَلَمۡ يَكُن لَّهُ ۥ ڪُفُوًا أَحَدُۢ
And there is none comparable unto Him (Quran 112:4)
لَيۡسَ كَمِثۡلِهٖ شَىۡءٌ
Naught is as His likeness (Quran 42:11)
(This Suhbah is continued the next day, 25/01/2010 by Maulana, so do read that Suhbah too, in order to make sense of what he is introducing here, Maulana links that lesson with the true meaning of Servanthood, Sincerity and being Allah’s Khalifa….it is a beautiful lesson!)