Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbah
19th October 2010, Tuesday
Don’t let strangers into your home
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana began with a prayer in which he asked for “power for believers to fix their steps on the right way”. Maulana then asked attenders if they were happy? To those who were unhappy, he asked, if they believed they would have been happier if Allah had created them in the form of another animal? Or if they would have been happier if they earned more, in line of what they believed they were worth? Though some would deny that money is what really makes them happy, when it really is, Allah looks into their hearts and knows what they hide.
- Maulana asked if Allah was happy with us or not, as that is far more important matter than if we were happy with Him. Is He happy with us? Do you know what makes Allah unhappy with us? It is when He looks into our hearts, and finds something/someone there, besides Himself! Allah is unhappy with a human being, who puts or welcomes, other than Him, into his heart.
- What is your intention in life? Man’s intention is very important, for it is that thing which you place before you, and you chase its fulfillment all your lives. It is very important that, what we say and what is in our hearts (intention) is the same, for if it differs, that is called hypocrisy! So if we say that there is none, but Allah, in our hearts, we must really be in that state Spiritually. It is very important to know what our Prophet (saw) brought, concerning our hearts.
- Maulana then directed this next question towards the Jews, the Children of Israel. Why do they doubt the Prophethood of Rasulullah (saw)? The first people to raise their swords against Rasulullah (saw) when he began preaching – were the Jews. Why? Did Rasulullah (saw) ask them for their worldly possessions, their gold and silver? No. Did Rasulullah(saw) invite them to a different destination from which Moses (as) invited them to? No. Did Rasulullah (saw) invite them to dunia or to Maula (Master)?
- Every Prophet invited mankind to Allah, their Lord, Lord of the Heavens! Not one Prophet invited humans to dunia! The Prophet of the Children of Israel, Moses (as), walked the true path, he called people to Allah Almighty. When Prophet Moses (as), was invited to a Divine Conversation at Mount Sinai, what was the first Commandment that Allah had given him?
إِنِّىٓ أَنَا ٱللَّهُ رَبُّ ٱلۡعَـٰلَمِينَ
O Moses! Lo! Verily, am Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; (Surah Al-Qasas 28:30)
Rasulullah (saw) also brought the same message, he said, “I am inviting you to La ila ha illallah, Muhammadun Rasulullah.”
- When the Jews drew their swords on Rasulullah (saw), Allah revealed this Ayat:
يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلرَّسُولُ بَلِّغۡ مَآ أُنزِلَ إِلَيۡكَ مِن رَّبِّكَۖ وَإِن لَّمۡ تَفۡعَلۡ فَمَا بَلَّغۡتَ رِسَالَتَهُ ۥۚ وَٱللَّهُ يَعۡصِمُكَ مِنَ ٱلنَّاسِۗ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ لَا يَہۡدِى ٱلۡقَوۡمَ ٱلۡكَـٰفِرِينَ
O Messenger! Make known that which hath been revealed unto thee from thy Lord, for if thou do it not, thou wilt not have conveyed His message. Allah will protect thee from mankind. Lo! Allah guideth not the disbelieving folk. (Surah Al-Ma'idah 5:67)
- Allah said, “Oh My Beloved, I will protect you!” No one could touch him in his 23 years of preaching. Yet fifteen centuries later, the unbelievers are still denying the Prophethood of Muhammad (saw), and they have been trying to take away his Prophethood, they have been trying to take away the message that he brought – but as in the Ayat above, Allah will protect Rasulullah’s (saw) honour, and his honourable message, from being tarnished by his opponents, till Judgement Day.
- Have the unbelievers not seen how Allah has protected and spread this message of Islam, from its humble beginnings in the deserts of Arabia? The teachings of Judaism, which existed from before Rasulullah (saw), is practised by a mere handful of Jews today, and they are concentrated mostly in Palestine, the Haram Shareef of Al-Aqsa. Yet Islam, from its weak and helpless beginnings, have spread to the four corners of the globe, the cry of La ila ha illallah reverberates from East to West, and from North to South!
- Oh Children of Israel, come and witness the Prophethood of Rasulullah (saw)! If indeed Rasulullah (saw) was inviting you to an opposite destination (compared to what Moses (as) brought you to), you have the right to deny him. Yet Rasulullah (saw) said, “The most valuable utterance of the Children of Adam, that is brought by me, and all previous Prophets is, La ila ha illallah.” He was inviting you on the same way as Moses (as) did.
- The Jews are a proud Nation, the chosen Nation from which thousands of Prophets had hailed from in the past. They viewed their cousins, the Arabs from the progeny of Prophet Ismail (as) with disdain, as no Prophet has even been raised from amongst them. But when an Arab was chosen as the Seal of Prophets, the Crown Jewel, it made them bitterly jealous! One must not be jealous of Rasulullah (saw)! One must understand the wisdom of Prophecy, why Prophets were sent and what was their missions. One must understand, Who chose him, and Who is addressing the Nation through the Chosen Prophet!
- Maulana advised all, especially the Children of Israel, not to just blindly follow the teachings that were handed down to them (as these may have been tainted with shaitanic ideas, imagination, declarations and lies), but to search for the truth with a sincere heart and an open mind. Don’t be misled by those who feed you teachings without having your true interest at heart. One who is true, will always guide you to Allah, not to dunia. Every Prophet was a true one, we must all follow their ways. Be true ones, for only those will be saved!
- One can never defeat the truth! So many people have tried to stop the spread of Islam through the centuries, it has never been ever close to being wiped out! The Flag of Islam will always fly high, it will never fall! The Flag of the unbelievers will be trampled on, forever. That is an indisputable fact. So live without fear of unbelievers. Don’t fear humans or shaitan! Maulana prayed for firmness and resolve to uphold truth, and he prayed for those who insisted on upholding falsehood, to be shown guidance.
- (During his Suhbahs, Maulana stands in respect, when he mentions the name of Allah or Rasulullah (saw). He said that even in the graves, when Allah’s Holy name is mentioned, the inhabitants of the graves stand in awe and respect for His name.)
- When Maulana asked if the unhappy ones would have been happier, to have been created as some other creature or if they would be happier to be receiving higher salaries, there is a deep message behind his seemingly light-hearted comments. We have been honoured to be created as humans, and we are given a stunning array of nikmat (pleasures) and benefits. From that question, Maulana is asking us, if we had thought how different our lives would be if Allah had created us some other creature, such as an ant or a frog? Or a tomato plant? How much more goodness have we been given, in this world and the hereafter, than the other creatures, and yet we are still unhappy? In a Hadees Qudsi, Allah said, “He who is unhappy with Me, can find another sky beneath which to seek shelter, and another earth to stand on, and another Lord to serve.” A desire for higher salaries, is often fueled by thought that “I am worth more than this,” and this is how humans place themselves on a pedestal, admiring their God-given gifts, and demanding recognition and befitting compensation. If only our hearts were at peace accepting His Will, then Allah would be sufficient for us.
وَلَوۡ أَنَّهُمۡ رَضُواْ مَآ ءَاتَٮٰهُمُ ٱللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ ۥ وَقَالُواْ حَسۡبُنَا ٱللَّهُ سَيُؤۡتِينَا ٱللَّهُ مِن فَضۡلِهِۦ وَرَسُولُهُ ۥۤ إِنَّآ إِلَى ٱللَّهِ رَٲغِبُونَ
If only they had been content with what Allah and His Messenger gave them, and had said “sufficient for us is Allah! Allah and His Messenger will soon give us of His Bounty: to Allah do we turn our hopes!” (That would have been the right course). (Surah At-Taubah 9:59)
- Allah is displeased with humans who have someone, other than Him, in his heart. This is a very deep Ocean of knowledge! How would we feel, if we found a stranger loitering in our homes? How would we react if we returned home to find a donkey, muddy and smelly, living in our house, as if it were his? The heart is Baitullah, the House of Allah. If it is His House, He is the only One allowed there. How is it that we are allowing this dirty worldly life and our filthy egos, to enter His House? If we are unhappy with unwelcome guests in our home, would the Lord of Universes accept a partner to share His House?
لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ ۥۖ وَبِذَٲلِكَ أُمِرۡتُ وَأَنَا۟ أَوَّلُ ٱلۡمُسۡلِمِينَ
No partner hath He: this am I commanded, and I am the first of those who bow to His Will. (Surah Al-An'am 6:163)
And it is His Will, is that you share you heart (His House) with no one else!
مَّا جَعَلَ ٱللَّهُ لِرَجُلٍ۬ مِّن قَلۡبَيۡنِ فِى جَوۡفِهِۦۚ
Allah has not made for any man two hearts in his (one) body. (Surah Al-Ahzab 33:4)
You cannot have two masters in One heart. Choose Your Lord over dunia!
- Have you ever seen a horse that trots after a carrot dangled before him? That horse is our ride (ego) and the carrot is our intention – all our lives, we run in the direction set by our intentions.
If our intention is to seek Allah’s Pleasure, all our lives, we run towards it. But once the carrot is moved in a different direction, the horse changes course. Hence the hadees, “Every deed, is by its intention.” Keep our intention firmly on course – to seek His Pleasure, to make Him pleased with us.
- Hypocrisy is dangerous – to be a munafiq means going to the deepest of Hells!
إِنَّ ٱلۡمُنَـٰفِقِينَ فِى ٱلدَّرۡكِ ٱلۡأَسۡفَلِ مِنَ ٱلنَّارِ وَلَن تَجِدَ لَهُمۡ نَصِيرًا
The Hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of the Fire: no helper wilt thou find for them.― (Surah An-Nisa 4:145)
What would happen in a marriage, if a man proclaims his love for his wife, yet has a secret lover who he has an affair with? What is on his tongue and in his heart is different. That is hypocrisy. Once the wife finds out, a divorce is very likely to occur. Oh believers, you cannot afford to be ‘divorced’ from Allah, which is why Rasulullah (saw) taught Fatimah (ra) this famous doa, “Oh Allah, do not leave me to my ego/desires, even for the blink of an eye!” We cannot afford to be away from Allah even for an instant. But if we are having an ‘affair’ with our ego, we are at that instant, away from Allah. Be sincere, and leave hypocrisy. The Prophet (saw) said, “The signs of a hypocrite are three. When he speaks, he lies. When he makes a promise, he breaks it. And when he is given a responsibility, he doesn’t fulfill it.” Take a good, hard look at yourselves.
- The spread of Islam itself is a miracle for every unbiased observer. How does a single, orphaned, and weak man in the deserts of an obscure and backward civilisation, transform that community into a superpower and spread the teachings till today, there are 2 billion believers across the globe.
The Muslim Empire ruled the world for so many years. The Quran remains the only preserved Book in history. Not one contradiction has been found in it with modern Science, in fact, on the contrary, it contains so much that Scientists are learning from. The Prophet’s behaviour, as documented in Traditions, is spotless and perfect. He is an example in every aspect of his life. Not one scandal or contradiction has ever been seen in the Hadees, every ‘prediction’ has been spot on. On top of that, the ideology and teachings bring Man to the pinnacle of perfection – love, tolerance and patience.
All this from one man in the desert, who had little human support and help and no technology to depend on? Oh people of all faiths, open your eyes, remove the bias that has blinded you thus far (from the imagery and stereotyping and propaganda in the media), and ask yourself – “is it possible that this miraculous man with a miraculous message, has something for me too?” Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) was sent to all of Mankind, and that includes you. At least give yourself a chance to listen to the message he brings, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.
If you would like to listen to the actual Suhbah by Maulana Shaykh Nazim when it was recorded, please click here. Once at the site, please click on the Sohbat 19 Oct 2010.
Maulana Shaykh Nazim teaches daily, at 1720 hours GMT, please go to www.Saltanat.org to attend these illuminating lessons. There are no charges to attend these lessons, they are completely free-of-charge. These transcripts and Study materials are found at the Singapore Naqshbandi portal, recent.sufihub.com, these are also completely free-of-charge.