Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Friday Revelation
11th November 2011
A’uzubillah himinash shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillah-hir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
(The Holy Prophet (saw) said: “Whoever reads Surah al-Kahf on the day of Jumu’ah, a light will shine for him from beneath his feet to the clouds of the sky, which will shine for him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will be forgiven (his sins) between the two Fridays.” On this particular Friday, Maulana was listening to Hafeez Imam Abdur Rahman’s recitation of this Surah, when a story mentioned in the Surah brought an important inspiration to his heart.)
- The story in Surah Al Kahf is as follows:
Two neighbours were having an argument. One of them, an unbeliever, owned two huge grape plantations surrounded by date palms, between which were corn fields and a river. His land was fertile, and he was also bestowed more sons than his neighbour, a believer. The rich unbeliever boasted about his abundance, denying the existence of the Day of Judgement, whilst mocking the believer for his belief in an unseen Lord.
The believer, whilst acknowledging his inferiority in terms of produce and progeny, reminded the unbeliever of how Allah had created him from a mere drop of sperm, and how inappropriate it was for him to deny his Lord after he had been bestowed so much. He humbly remarked that he was happy with Allah’s Will in giving him less, and for him, it was more important for him and his family to be under Allah’s protection, than in having material excesses.
The unbeliever, looking at the huge expanse of his land, and the many men who toiled it, firmly believed that he was in no need of any such Divine protection, and that his wealth would never perish.
His believing neighbour said, “MasyaAllah, la quwwata illa billah,” which means, “Allah’s Will (be done)! There is no power but with Allah!”
That night, the unbeliever’s plantation was struck by lightning and razed to the ground. The river that used to water it disappeared, the land was shaken and destroyed, and nothing remained of it by morning. It was completely devastated. Amazingly, the believer’s garden and home, which was just beside the annihilated plantation, remained intact and protected!
- These are the Verses in the Holy Quran, that tell the story:
Set forth to them the parable of two men: for one of them We provided two gardens of grapevines and surrounded them with date-palms: in between the two We placed corn-fields. (32) Each of those gardens brought forth its produce, and failed not in the least therein: in the midst of them We caused a river to flow. (33) (Abundant) was the produce this man had: he said to his companion, in the course of a mutual argument: “More wealth have I than you, and more honour and power in (my following of) men.” (34) He went into his garden in a state (of mind) unjust to his soul: He said “I deem not that this will ever perish. (35) “Nor do I deem that the Hour (of Judgment) will (ever) come: even if I am brought back to my Lord I shall surely find (there) something better in exchange.” (36) His companion said to him, in the course of the argument with him: “Dost thou deny Him Who created thee out of dust then out of a sperm-drop, then fashioned thee into a man? (37) “But (I think) for my part that he is Allah, my Lord, and none shall I associate with my Lord. (38) “Why didst thou not, as thou wentest into thy garden, say: `Allah’s Will (be done)! There is no power but with Allah!‘ If thou dost see me less than thee in wealth and sons (39) “It may be that my Lord will give me something better than thy garden, and that He will send on thy garden thunderbolts (by way of reckoning) from heaven, making it (but) slippery sand! (40) “Or the water of the garden will run off underground so that thou wilt never be able to find it.” (41) So his fruits (and enjoyment) were encompassed (with ruin), and he remained twisting and turning his hands over what he had spent on his property, which had (now) tumbled to pieces to its very foundations, and he could only say “Woe is me! would I had never ascribed partners to my Lord and Cherisher!” (42) Nor had he numbers to help him against Allah, nor was he able to deliver himself. (43) There, the (only) protection comes from Allah, the True One. He is the Best to reward and the Best to give success. (44) (Quran 18:32-44)
- When Maulana heard these verses, he remarked to his son, Shaykh Mehmet, that the Holy Quran, is dawa li kulli darr, the remedy for all troubles. Allah Almighty has shown a remedy for everything in the Holy Quran, He always teaches through beautiful stories, and from these examples, we can draw guidance and seek solutions.
Ma farratna fi al-kitab min shayin
Nothing have We omitted from the Book (Quran 6:38)
wa la ratbin wala yabisin illa fi kitabin mubin.
There is not a grain in the darkness of the Earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record. (Quran 6:59)
Hence, every matter pertaining to our lives, whether they be solutions to our problems, or cures for our illnesses, lie within the guidance of the Holy Book. “How astonishing!” remarked Maulana.
- Maulana explained that in the story, the unbeliever felt powerful because he was rich and had many sons and workers – he felt nothing could touch him. And how does the second man reply to such boastful words? He says: My garden, my land and my sons, these are grants of Allah, all thanks to Allah. Although our garden is small, and our sons are not as many as yours, but my hope is that my garden and my sons are under the protection of Allah Almighty and that nothing happens to them.
- Maulana revealed that in the utterance of “MasyaAllah, la quwwata illa billah,” is hidden an important secret that is being made manifest now. When the believer recited, “MasyaAllah, la quwwata illa billah,” Allah had protected his garden, his house, his family – everything had been safe in that ‘protected circle’! The other man, who did not recite this Verse, had his entire plantation and home, razed to the ground. He lost everything, in a single catastrophic event!
- Maulana said, This is it! Allah Almighty is showing His servants how they can protect themselves. The sign pointed out in this Verse is very important. Everybody should say, “Masha Allah, la quwwata illa Billah” when they enter their homes. I want this in a written form, so that we may inform everyone!
- Those who say, “MasyaAllah, la quwwata illa billah,” no harm touches their homes or families. But, this world will fall on the heads of those who don’t say it. Whoever says, “MasyaAllah, la quwwata illa billah,” when they enter their homes, they will acquire the blessing of being amongst the fortunate ones who, like the believer in the story, was under Divine Protection. Allah only protected the one who said it, but the other one’s life was destroyed completely.
- Maulana continued, “Those who say, “MasyaAllah, la quwwata illa billah,” nothing will touch their lives, their wealth or their families – neither enemy, nor earthquake, nor fire, even if it rains fire from the sky upon the earth. This news has come to me, it is an astonishing revelation! Only arrogant ones and unbelievers, will refuse to recite this, all of them will be burnt and be taken away.
- There is no other protection than to call upon Allah, just as the believer in the story did. He saw no protection from Allah’s punishment, except to submit obediently and to beg humbly from his Lord, and indeed, he, together with his house, family and land, were all saved from the entire cascade of horrendous disasters that struck on that fateful night – lighting bolts from the sky, fire that consumed the plants, flood that devastated the soil, and a drought that drained the river that used to water the land!” Many arrogant ones, believe that they can protect themselves by using technology, by building earthquake-resistant structures and having advanced warning devices. Oh believers, there is no protection from His punishment, except in Him!
- Maulana said that a storm was approaching now, referring to the calamities, strife, conflicts, sufferings and natural disasters that lay ahead as we edge precariously closer to the Armageddon. This storm is brought about by the enveloping darkness of sin that is attracting Allah’s Wrath nearer and nearer to this earth. In the ensuing mayhem that will undoubtedly erupt, (in which Maulana says more than 5 billion people will perish), there is no protection, except to recite “MasyaAllah, la quwwata illa billah,” and this is why the secret of this Verse is being revealed appropriately at this crucial time. “This is an important Verse for the coming days, it fits perfectly in the right time!” says Maulana.
- Maulana instructed Shaykh Mehmet to write this down as a fatwa, and to put his own Seal on it, to show that this is the way that we are on. Maulana said to him, “Nothing will touch those who are on this way, even if the whole world is turned upside down with earthquakes and other disasters. MashaAllah! Neither enemy nor cannons can touch them. Neither fire, nor floods, nor earthquake. This is very important. There is no one who can be against this (practice of reading this Verse).”
- Maulana was truly very happy to receive this inspiration, as it relieved him of the worries he has had for his mureeds and for the Ummah of Rasulullah (saw), especially with the appearance of such dark and ominous clouds on the horizon. “There is no fear in our hearts now. He has taken away the fear. No more. Nothing touches you in dunya or in the hereafter (if you read the Verse). The other one (in the story) who did not read it, was wiped out, burnt to ashes. Be relieved, Hajji Mehmet, be relieved. This (Verse) has come now, be relieved.”
- Maulana then made a long special do’a, “O our Lord, may we reach the morning and the evening with goodness. Our children, our families, our lives, our wealth, O our Lord, they are all under Your Protection. Our wealth is not important, but our children and family, or whatever You granted us, O our Lord, we have surrendered them to You. It is Your Grant to us. May You not put us in misery. May You not make us disgraced and miserable among the people. They are Your servants, O our Lord, open the way for them, O our Lord! Otherwise, neither can they be saved from the earthquakes or the floods, nor from the fires or the storms, they can’t be saved from any of these disasters. What the armies can’t achieve, this (Verse) does, it does immediately. May Allah grant us the safety of iman. May we see the barakah of tonight. And may Allah not deprive us of the spiritual manifestations of tonight. May He dress on us the dress of Majesty! May shaytan and those who follow shaytan, disappear. The door of tawba is open. May Allah Almighty grant us tawba. May Allah grant us health and wellness. May He not make us bedridden or miserable, and may He also not make us miserable among the people. And may we not be crushed, confined to our beds. Aman ya Rabbi, tawba ya Rabbi.”
- Maulana then prayed for Allah to grant safety, with the barakah of Shaykh Mehmet Effandi, and through that barakah, Maulana said that a power had come into his heart now. He then prayed for Shaykh Mehmet to meet his end in a good way, and for him to be granted to reach Mahdi (as) and to be from his wuzera, to be in his service. “May Allah make your rank higher. May your spiritual and physical power get stronger. And inshaAllah, may you be granted to be from the wuzera and close ones of Mahdi (as) and to be in his service,” Maulana prayed for his son and said that, from now on, a lot of inspirations and teachings will come to Shaykh Mehmet’s blessed heart.
- Maulana concluded by saying that it is an order for all of us to recite this Verse when we enter our homes. One who has recited “MasyaAllah, la quwwata illa billah,” should feel no fear, for nothing will befall him, regardless what happens.
Now hath come unto you an messenger from amongst yourselves: it grieves him that ye should perish: ardently anxious is he over you: to the Believers is he most kind and merciful. (128) But if they turn away, Say : “Allah sufficeth me: There is not god but He: On Him is my trust – He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme! (129) (Quran 9:128-129)
- In the Verse above, it was revealed by Allah Almighty that our beloved Prophet (saw), was deeply anxious over the safety of his Ummah, and that it would grieve him deeply if they should perish. Following our beloved Prophet’s (saw) example, our Master, Maulana Shaykh Nazim, is also deeply anxious about the fate of the people in the coming days, and he could hardly hide his astonishment, gratefulness, relief and happiness when the Verse of Protection was revealed to him. He kept performing the prostration (sujud) of thankfulness (shukur) upon speaking about it. We should be deeply grateful to Allah, that He has placed us under the care of one such guide, who is truly loving and compassionate, and who is always praying for his mureeds. We must recite Alhamdulillah and Shukranlillah constantly for this, and we should pray Solat Sunnat Shukr, for such a grant by Allah to us.
- The unbeliever saw his lifetime’s work on his plantation burnt to dust overnight in a huge Fire, whilst the believer’s Garden was safe, even after the catastrophic storm. Similarly, an unbeliever will awaken in his grave, to see that his lifetime’s work of acquiring dunia, was in futility, he and his deeds will be burnt in the Fire, while a believer will continue to enjoy the fruits of his efforts, in his Garden, for eternity.
And We shall turn to whatever deeds they (the unbelievers) did (in this life), and We shall make such deeds as floating dust scattered about. (Quran 25:23)
This comparison of two contrasting journeys, one ending in tears, as compared to the other one ending in sweetness, was explained by Maulana, in this past Suhbah.
- Shaykh Mehmet said in a later Suhbah, that we should read this Verse of protection, at every location we are at, even in vehicles and at our shops, so that we are always protected.
- The word ‘MasyaAllah’, which means ‘Allah’s Will be done’, is a recitation that contains deep meanings. Submission to Allah’s Will, is the cornerstone of religion and Tariqah. Jihadul akbar, the Great Jihad, is to deny the desires of the Ego, training the Self to submit and bow willingly, to the Decree of the Almighty.
A Hadees teaches us that one must “die, before you die,” which means that our Will must cease to exist, and our Heart must be happy to exist under His Will, His Decree and His Command. But our Shuyukh says that submitting like a dead body in the hands of the embalmer is still not true submission, for although the corpse allows itself to be washed, dressed and buried, it is still complaining within itself, in its heart, should it be handled roughly, or washed with cold water or inflicted with pain.
True submission, according to Tariqah, is to be like a dead leaf floating in a river, ‘going with the flow’ literally. True submission is not just conforming externally, but more importantly, in the deepest, hidden recesses of your heart, you are contented with His Will – there is no resistance, no complaint, no unhappiness, no questioning, no grumbling.” You are at peace with the hand that fate deals you, you accept whole-heartedly the sixth tenet of faith, that good and bad comes from Allah Almighty – it is only then that the raindrop merges with the Ocean, as taught by Maulana in an earlier Suhbah.
As GrandShaykh (q) used to say, you must reach a point, where all that befalls you, you see it as the most perfect occurrence that has been written for you, from the Will of Allah, and that you believe without a doubt, that there is no better occurence that could have befallen you at that time, even if your ego is unhappy with what you are encountering. You must realize that it is not possible, for a mere creation that originated from a drop of sperm, to be able to dictate his own fate better than what the Lord of the Heavens has decreed. Despite this being an obvious fact, it is the hardest thing for our hearts to accept in times of difficulties, trials and sufferings!
The believer in the story in Surah Al Kahf, despite being poorer, having less sons, and being mocked at by his condescending neighbour, still felt happy and contented with Allah’s Decree, and he submitted wholly to His Will without irritation, he accepted the inferior and lowly position he had been placed in by His Lord, with full trust in His Plan, having no suspicions or ill-feelings hidden in his heart, towards his Lord. Hence he said, ‘MasyaAllah’, meaning, “I am happy to be in the situation that He has Willed (fated/decreed/set) me to be in.” And it was in that pillar of servanthood -submission – that he found safety.
Are we prepared to submit to His Decree, without suspicion of Him and without resistance to Him? For only then do we enter into the fold of those who have truly acquired faith in Him.
Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives and the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere, who say, when afflicted with calamity: “To Allah we belong and to Him is our return.” (Quran 2:155-156)
- Only Allah has the power to protect (Quran 18:44). In Surah Al-Kahf, the proud unbeliever, who saw himself as a powerful one, and hence depended on himself, was annihilated, whilst the believer, who was humble enough to recognize that he was helpless, submitted, and emerged unscathed. Aslim taslam which means that in Islam (which means Submission to His Will, as befits a servant), one will find Safety.”
- The timing of this revelation is another clear Sign of how tantalizingly close we are to the violent upheaval that marks the end of this era. We are at the brink of very great and cataclysmal events. MasyaAllah, la quwwata illa billah!
مَا شَآءَ اللّٰهُ ۙ لَا قُوَّةَ اِلَّا بِاللّٰهِ
‘Allah’s Will (be done)! There is no power but with Allah!’ (Quran 18:39)
This Summary is drawn from two Suhbahs, Weqayah (11th Nov) and Kurtulus (13 Nov), which can be viewed at www.Saltanat.org. Should the video no longer be there, please look for it under the video archives of the Saltanat TV site.
Saltanat TV is the Official Site of Maulana Shaykh Nazim that is sanctioned and approved by him personally.