This post is also available in: Arabic Indonesian Bengali Bosnian Chinese (Simplified) Creole (Pidgin English) Croatian Dutch English French German Hindi Italian Japanese Kazakh Korean Malay Portuguese, Brazil Russian Serbian Sinhalese Spanish Tagalog Tamil Tausug Temne (Sierra Leone) Turkish Urdu Vietnamese
Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Suhbah
18th December 2009, Friday
What we must learn in this world
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana says that whenever we wish to draw closer to heavenly levels, we must recite A’uzubillah, as shaitan is kicked out of our presence, and the Angels welcome such a servant of the Lord.
- Man is judged according to what he has LEARNT in this worldly life. Allah will question each of us, “Oh My Servant, come and tell Me what you have learnt through the whole of your life?” So Maulana asks, what have we learnt?
- We are of different professions and we have learnt skills and knowledge pertaining to our trade/hobbies/interests and leisure. Others have learnt knowledge of which they are too ashamed to speak of, in the Divine Presence, and yet others have learnt what had expanded their egos and pleased their desires.
- Maulana asks, when the Lord of the Heavens asks, what we have learnt in our worldly existence, how many of us will be able to answer, “Oh Allah, I tried to learn about your Holy orders/commands, I was learning how to keep my ego from evil, I was learning how to save myself from devils (for devils cheat us of our rightful inheritance in akherat)…..”. Maulana says that, from the billions on earth today, only a handful can answer as such…..these are the ones who tried to learn about the RIGHTS OF THEIR LORD, AND TO FULFILL THEM AS BEST THEY COULD.
- Today, when someone is asked who created him, he says his parents did. This is the sign of our ignorant times, no one is saying, “My Lord created me.” When one realizes that he is a creation of Allah, he must then ask, what is the divine purpose of his creation, so that he can fulfill that mission!
- Today is the beginning of the new Muslim year, 1431, and Allah is displeased with his servants, as they have been disobedient. It is hard to find even a handful of obedient servants of Allah today, so Divine Anger is approaching.
- Why? Because shaitan and his followers are working hard to make this entire globe, SECULAR, where the name of Allah is not recited, remembered, glorified or honoured. The Divine hammer will come down hard on shaitan and his helpers.
- Maulana says that he is running to Allah, as he is displeased with his ego. Whoever is pleased with his ego, means he is displeased with Allah. For the first one to rebel against the Command of Allah, is always our ego, it always takes a stand opposing what Allah has commanded. That is why it is important to know, what are Allah’s Rights upon His Servants, what are His Holy Commands, so that we can run to fulfill them, and run from our stubborn and defiant egos.
- Today, it is very difficult to see a person with a spiritually clean and bright face, many are so dark & ugly, by the deeds that they do. Maulana spoke of how the Prophet (saw) and the Sahabah wore the same clothes most of the time, as many did not have more than even one set of clothing. Sometimes, these clothes were worn until it was impossible to tell if these were white or black clothes. Despite this, their clothes had the most fragrant of smells, the fragrance of the rose, and their bodies and mouths emanated a heavenly & beautiful fragrance. Today, our bodies emit horrible odours, and we try to mask this with the copious use of perfumes. Why are our faces not lit with nur and why are our bodies and mouths emitting bad odours?
- Because we have not learnt about Allah’s rights and we have not done our best to fulfill these rights! We must know the purpose behind learning, we must know what to learn and we must learn the purpose behind our creation. We must follow the ways of the Clean ones, those who purify themselves, and remember Allah always. For those who do not know and fulfill, the rights of his Lord, will be sent to Jahannam in humiliation to face Allah’s Wrath!
- Unfortunately, most Muslims are chasing the knowledge of this world only, just like the unbelievers, so they must repent and change their ways.
- When Maulana was in seclusion in Medina, during an eclipse, he heard a secret voice reciting Istighfar in one of the minarets of Mesjidil Nabawi. The Prophet (saw) repented 70 times daily, and even if we repented 70 million times daily, it would not be enough.