This post is also available in: الأندونيسية Bengali البوسنية الصينية المبسطة Creole (Pidgin English) الكرواتية التشيكية الهولندية الإنجليزية الفرنسية الألمانية الهندية الإيطالية اليابانية Kazakh الكورية المقدونية البرتغالية ،البرازيل الروسية الصربية Sinhalese الأسبانية Tagalog التاميلية Bahasa Sug Temne (Sierra Leone) التركية الأردية الفيتنامية
Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbah
15th October 2010, Friday
Live like a flower in a Garden
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana began by reminding us about a simple and known fact that is always forgotten – we must obey our Creator, Allah Almighty. If we don’t, we will face a series of never-ending problems, that will grow in severity, in this world and in the hereafter. Life will be filled with burdens, and every new problem will be like a spear piercing us without warning, adding to our difficulties. We must bring that same message to everyone we meet – call Mankind to become obedient servants of Allah!
- If you cannot please Allah, then your life in this world and the next, will be miserable and filled with suffering, you will never attain peace, pleasure or felicity. Disobedient ones will fall into the Valley of Trouble and Despair in this life, just as they will fall into the Valley of Fire in the hereafter.
- Don’t you want to enjoy the sweet life in both worlds? Allah did not create you, except for that. Taste the sweetness of being created, the happiness, love and pleasure culminating in an eternal existence in Paradise. Why are you rejecting this, and choosing a meaningless, tasteless, numb existence saddled with disappointment and despair? Man today is drunk throughout the twenty-four hours of each day, he is seeking to find pleasure and meaning in this life, and he is so desperate to taste that pleasure, but he can’t taste anything. He eats…but it is tasteless. He drinks….but it is tasteless. He socializes….but it is tasteless. He sleeps….even his sleep is tasteless! Maulana says, today’s aimless humans can’t even sleep naturally anymore, so many people need sleeping pills and other drugs, just to fall asleep! Oh humans, what has become of you, that you cannot even fall asleep in peace? How troubled their Souls must be, that they cannot find any taste in living!
- One whose heart is at peace, can eat dry bread with salt, and he will find it a fulfilling and tasteful meal. And he can sleep in the open with a rock as his pillow, and he will be a picture of tranquility and contentment. One whose heart is aimless and restless, even if he is sleeping on a thick and comfortable mattress, still needs medicine to induce sleep. Those sleeping with the help of drugs, are sleeping the sleep of death, like a dead one.
- Sleep contains a form of Spiritual rest, that is a grant from Paradise, and as believers fall asleep, their Souls are taken by Angels. The sleep of Believers and Lovers of Allah and His Prophet (saw), is a sweet one, and their waking moments are equally sweet. To the rest of Mankind, everything is tasteless. Taste comes from Spirituality, not from the material/physical world, but so many do not understand, and they are looking for life’s sweetness, in all the wrong places.
- Maulana spoke on the deception posed by technology. On the surface, it seems like a wonderful thing, as it makes life so much easier – everything is fast, easy and automated. Communication, travelling, farming, medicine have all been transformed drastically by technology. In the old days, Maulana said, workers worked slowly, doing Zikrullah, while the Angels joined them in the remembrance. There was pleasure in the air, unlike today, when the air is polluted with poisonous fumes and noxious discharges.
- But what has happened to Man with this technology? He has become a creature who has faith only in the material world, and he has forsaken his Spirituality. That has dire consequences, as peace, happiness and all other pleasurable experiences, reside in our Spiritualities, not in our physical bodies, and it is attained by Spiritual practices, not by physical stimulation. The end result? Today’s Man, is devoid of Spirituality and Faith, and is desperately unhappy (but doesn’t know why), he is yearning for rest (but can’t find it) and he is drowning himself in this worldly life, hoping to become numb and detached from his hopelessness and emptiness. What a bleak picture.
- Technology is killing your Spirituality! Return to nature! Lead a natural way of life, go back to natural surroundings and the good old ways things used to be done. Leave technologia and come back to nature! The key to a sweet life in dunia and Praradise in the hereafter, lies there. Why? The Kingdom of shaitan is built on technology, we must join hands (unite) to destroy that kingdom, for shaitan is our common enemy.
- All men are brothers. As such, we must behave as brothers to one another. Every tribe/nationality is created unique, with special good characteristics. When we unite, we complement each other. Each tribe/nationality is like a different flower. When united, they forms a resplendent garden with a staggering array of stunning flowers of unique shapes, colours, fragrances and sizes – like a rainbow of many colours.
يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلنَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقۡنَـٰكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ۬ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلۡنَـٰكُمۡ شُعُوبً۬ا وَقَبَآٮِٕلَ لِتَعَارَفُوٓاْۚ إِنَّ أَڪۡرَمَكُمۡ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ أَتۡقَٮٰكُمۡۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ۬
O mankind! Lo! We have created you from male and female, and have made you nations and tribes that ye may know one another. Lo! the noblest of you, in the sight of Allah, is the best in conduct. Lo! Allah is Knower, Aware. (Quran 49:13)
- Maulana asks, have you ever seen flowers fighting? Obviously not, so humans should not be in conflict, they should be in cohesion! Why is Man fighting and killing? There is no honour in that.
- How is it that Man claims he has reached the peak of humanity and human rights in these times? What a blatant lie! Today’s missiles and weapons of mass destruction, are not only designed to kill, but also to kill in the most painful and inhumane way (eg phosphorus bombs, biological warfare etc) and they not only kill and maim humans, they have no regard or concern for the plants or animals either! Is this a ‘civilised’ people that burns each other to death as cruelly as possible? Maulana warns, Allah will send a ‘Divine cleansing’ to the earth soon, to weed out those hell-bent on cruel violence and destruction. Every diabolical one will be crushed, and this earth will then become a Garden where the weeds will be killed, but the flowers will remain!
- It is a simple and logical fact; Allah created us, and we are His creation. We must know our place as servants, acknowledge Him as our Lord, and obey without the slightest defiance. Strangely, in this end of times, such advice is unwelcome and thought of as irrelevant, even as illogical, by some.
- Look at how many people find life meaningless! They resort to drugs, crime, depravity, gambling, travelling, playing sports, online games, chatting in social forums, pubbing and clubbing, promiscuity….Man is trying everything to find a certain sense of peace in his heart and Soul, but he can’t. In desperation, he resorts to psychological counseling, psychiatric treatment, potent medicine – he wants to discover the root of his restlessness, depression and emptiness. So many end up giving up on life or just committing suicide. Yet the solution is in the Mother of All Books:
ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ وَتَطۡمَٮِٕنُّ قُلُوبُهُم بِذِكۡرِ ٱللَّهِۗ أَلَا بِذِڪۡرِ ٱللَّهِ تَطۡمَٮِٕنُّ ٱلۡقُلُوبُ
Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest! (Quran 13:28)
In this single Ayat, Allah shows all of humanity the futility of their efforts. They can never find peace in sin! They can only find peace in obedience and remembrance. There is no other way. Not one human being from the billions who have died and who are still living, has ever found success, victory or safety, without believing in Allah, and serving him as a true and humble servant. Not one.
- Be like flowers in a Garden (of Paradise)! Flowers smell good – so put on your best behaviour towards your brothers. Flowers don’t fight – so be a true Muslim, like what is said in a hadees, “A Muslim is one from whom you are safe from his tongue (words) and hands (actions).” By that definition, so few of us are real Muslims! Flowers complement each other – so work hand in hand and help one another.
وَتَعَاوَنُوۡا عَلَى الۡبِرِّ وَالتَّقۡوٰى وَلَا تَعَاوَنُوۡا عَلَى الۡاِثۡمِ وَالۡعُدۡوَانِ وَاتَّقُوا اللّٰهَ ؕ اِنَّ اللّٰهَ شَدِيۡدُ الۡعِقَابِ
But help ye one another unto righteousness and pious duty. Help not one another unto sin and transgression, but keep your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is severe in punishment. (Quran 5:2)
- Repent and change your ways, for you must know that the ‘Divine cleansing’ is not a random event. Just as the birds of Ababil carried rocks from Jahannam to kill the elephants of Abrahah (when he was marching with his elephant army to destroy the Ka’aba), and every rock the birds carried had the name of its intended target, the Divine chastisement coming, is a precise and deadly event. If your name is written on one of the ‘rocks of Jahannam’ that is coming, it will seek you out, even if you hide in the deepest bunkers behind the thickest walls! If a text message sent to your mobile phone, can ‘find’ you anywhere on earth, surely Allah’s Angels will bring the Divine Retribution, right to your face, no matter where you hide. Realise that safety lies not in building more weapons or hiding in more remote places. It lies in repenting, changing your ways, and being obedient to Him. Time is running out….
قُل لَّوۡ كُنتُمۡ فِى بُيُوتِكُمۡ لَبَرَزَ ٱلَّذِينَ كُتِبَ عَلَيۡهِمُ ٱلۡقَتۡلُ إِلَىٰ مَضَاجِعِهِمۡۖ
Say: “Even if you had remained in your homes, those for whom death was decreed would certainly have gone forth to the place of their death.” (Quran 3:154)
If you would like to listen to the actual Suhbah by Maulana Shaykh Nazim when it was recorded, please click here. Once at the site, please click on the Sohbat 15 Oct 2010.
Maulana Shaykh Nazim teaches daily, at 1720 hours GMT, please go to www.Saltanat.org to attend these illuminating lessons. There are no charges to attend these lessons, they are completely free-of-charge. These transcripts and Study materials are found at the Singapore Naqshbandi portal, recent.sufihub.com, these are also completely free-of-charge.