This post is also available in: Arabic Bahasa Indonesia Bengali Bosnian Chinese (Simplified) Creole (Pidgin English) Croatian Czech Dutch French German Hindi Italian Japanese Kazakh Korean Malay Portuguese (Brazil) Russian Serbian Sinhalese Spanish Tagalog Tamil Bahasa Sug Temne (Sierra Leone) Turkish Urdu Vietnamese
Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Suhbah
31st March 2010, Wednesday
“Oh Man, I created you for Myself!”
A’uzubillah himinsh shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillahir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
- Maulana urged all attendees to constantly be in the company of the Saints, for those who were not, would be captured by shaitanic armies and be made into its slaves. Maulana recited A’uzubillahi minasy syaitan nirrajeem and urged all believers to run from shaitan and to run towards Allah, as we are weak ones being pursued by a cruel and determined enemy, and we are running to the Sultan to seek His protection. Every shaitan is opposing human beings and they are trying to prevent the spiritual rise of any one of the Children of Adam. They wish to prevent Man from achieving the level of humanity. (Humanity is a level above that of animals, and below that of Angels. Most humans remain at the animal level, all their lives, as they are obedient to their egos, who are collaborating with shaitan).
- Maulana humbly stated that he viewed himself as lower than all of Mankind. He asked Scholars if could view themselves in that light? Man views himself as holy, pure and great ones, this is actually the view his ego has of himself. Man seeks to please his ego, he always seeks to obey and satisfy his ego. Oh people, you must put your ego under your feet, you must step on your ego, for if you never do so, you can never stand spiritually, you can never ascend to heavenly realms.
- We are all chasing to raise our egos higher and higher, we are constantly feeding our egos (giving in to what it demands from us). We were not sent to this dunia, to feed our egos! Have you ever seen a King who spent his life, in the service of his horse? Have you seen a King who lives in the stables, tending to his horse, feeding him, washing him, grooming him, cleaning up after him and being at the horse’s beck and call? We are all doing just that! We have been honoured by Allah as His Khalifa (like the King), and we spend all our lives in the dirty, filthy, faeces-filled stables, tending to our horse (our egos). In fact, we are tending to our donkeys, as horses are for important people like Kings, Presidents, Commanders and Generals. Common folk like us, have donkeys. How can we lower ourselves, to becoming slaves to our donkeys? Certainly, that is not the purpose of our creation. Maulana asks if we considered this dunia as a stable, where we looked after our donkeys? Which Holy Book ever taught such an idea? In the Taurat, Injeel and Qur’an, no such idea was ever taught to Man!
- No pious Saint of the past has ever lived to look after his horse’s pleasure. None! Yet, for 24 hours a day, we are thinking about how to keep our horse happy, contented and satisfied. Scholars who considered themselves as pure or holy ones must know this – that as long as they have yet to tame their wild horses, they should not consider themselves as holy ones. And if they have succeeded, then it is their duty to teach, remind and warn their followers to do so too. They must say to their followers, “Oh servants of your Lord, do you think that your Lord created you for this worldly life? That He made this world a stable for your horses?” They must tell their followers what Allah had said in a Hadees Qudsi, “Oh Mankind, beware and be aware. Oh My beloved, give this warning to all of Mankind, that I created Man for Myself, I created Man to be My servant, I created Man to worship Me. Where is it that they wish to run towards?”
وَمَا خَلَقۡتُ الۡجِنَّ وَالۡاِنۡسَ اِلَّا لِيَعۡبُدُوۡنِ
I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me. (Quran 51:56)
- Every human being must ponder over these words, even if they are Kings or Presidents. Have you ever witnessed a coronation ceremony of a King? The King kneels before the Bible, while pledging to uphold the Divine Laws of God. Though some Kings really show the highest respect for Allah, many simply go through this ceremony (of pledging allegiance to the Lord) as a formality, they go through the motion of doing it, but to them, it is but a symbolic procedure, and they think nothing about their need to serve Allah. Has it never crossed their minds, as to who had made them Kings and placed them on thrones of authority? If they realised who had given them that crown, they would give their highest respect and obedience to that One.
- Mankind views it an honour to be a King, Sultan or leader. That is not true, for Man’s honour is to be Allah’s servant. Man must be reminded constantly, that his mission/aim on earth, is to be the best servant that he can be, to his Lord. Servanthood is the mantle of honour, do not discard it for any temporary worldly honour, do not be cheated by shaitan!
- We were created to worship, to devote ourselves entirely to Allah, to seek His pleasure. Where in this teaching, does it teach us to live in conflict with our fellow creatures? We have never been commanded to kill each other. The leaders of every group must preach to their followers, “Stop the killing! This is a Divine Command!”
وَلَا تَقۡتُلُوٓاْ أَنفُسَكُمۡۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ كَانَ بِكُمۡ رَحِيمً۬ا
And kill not one another. Lo! Allah is ever Merciful unto you. (Quran 4:29)
- Life is sacred, it is Divine Gift that none can give, who is Man to take it away by force, according to his ego’s will? Allah says, “Oh Mankind, Oh My servants, I have placed you in this world, to live amongst each other. Give to each person, what is his right. Do not deprive anyone of his rights. Do not harm others. Do not kill. Live in peace and tranquility.” Allah has raised Man above the Angels, declaring to all, that Man represents Him on earth, as His Khalifa. What can be more honourable that that? Why are we disregarding that honourable status, and stooping to lowly and evil behaviour? Have we no understanding of what an unparallelled honour Allah has bestowed on each one of us? Scholars must teach their students, what a great honour they have been given by the Almighty. Allah says in the Holy Qur’an:
وَلَـقَدۡ كَرَّمۡنَا بَنِىۡۤ اٰدَمَ
We have honoured the sons of Adam (Quran 17:70)
- If Allah Himself has honoured Man, we must also honour, respect and love one another. There is no greater honour that is bestowed, than being His Khalifa, and there is no greater honour earned, than being His servant.
- Maulana asked if Scholars knew the real meaning of the word Kufur (disbelief)? To deny the rights of one whom Allah has given rights to, to disrespect one whom Allah has commanded us to honour, to seek to wrest from someone, what has been Divinely given – that is the real meaning of Kufur.
- Any teaching that teaches you to kill fellow humans, or to raise yourselves above others (by giving yourselves self-created worldly titles) so as to oppress others – these are not true teachings of any religion, whether it be Judaism, Christianity or Islam. Any self-created title, which elevates yourself and degrades others, does not bring you close to Allah, so do not delude yourselves.
- Maulana advised all Christians, Jews and Muslims to read their respective Holy Books, and to ponder the meanings contained within. Reflect on the purpose of your creation, for if you do not understand it before you leave this worldly life, you will be hurled into the blazing Fire.
- Oh people, be obedient to Allah, before he sends down heavenly punishments upon you. Always be aware that Allah is with you (but He is not within you), He is aware of all that you are and all that you do. Maulana says that if you are able to have faith in this and keep this remembrance and thought, that Allah is with you constantly, you will always give the highest respect to all of Allah’s commands, you will never fall into shaitan’s clutches, and you will be amongst the safe ones in dunia and in akherat. So pray always, “Oh Allah, protect us from our terrible enemy, we are truly weak ones.”
- People today chase after shaitan, adopting shaitanic ways. Maulana describes it like a flood of human beings rushing to drown in shaitan’s decadent lifestyle, they have forgotten Divine commandments, they have forgotten who created them, they have forgotten the purpose of their creation! With each step they take to follow shaitan, they are falling into more and more difficulties and sufferings, and the situation is growing worse by the day. In desperation, people are looking high and low for a solution. There is only one solution, says Maulana. “Be true to your Lord, leave shaitanic ways, follow the chosen ones, the Prophets of Allah.”
- Maulana says he is teaching from heavenly inspirations, and if any human being dared to make false claims pertaining to this matter (that is, to pretend that he is teaching from heavenly inspirations to his heart), Allah would take his life before the day was up, as Allah is able to do as He pleases.
- At the end of the Suhbah, Maulana said that Allah was displeased with all the armies of all nations on earth, as these were all shaitanic armies (bent on killing, aggression and having no compassion). He made a humble plea, that Allah gave a chance to the good ones amongst the Ummat, to be formed into a ‘Divine Army’, that would bring peace to this world. For in a hadees, the Prophet (saw) said, “if there were 20 000 true ones in my Ummat, the world could be changed for the better, they can never be defeated, and will always be victorious.” Such a heavenly army, is one that is filled with people who seek to please Allah, and Allah is pleased with them. Ameen.