Summary of Maulana Shaykh Nazim’s Daily Summaries
Given on the 11th of December 2009
DON’T BE STUBBORN LIKE IBLῑS
As-salāmu ’alaykum wa raḥmatullāhi wa barakātuh
A’ūdhubillāhi min ash-shayṭān ir-rajīm
Bismillāhi ‘r-Raḥmāni ‘r-Raḥīm
- Mawlana urged us to recite A’ūdhubillāhi min ash-shayṭān ir-rajīm and Bismillāhi ‘r-Raḥmāni ‘r-Raḥīm frequently and constantly, for these two recitations are like swords at the necks of our egos and the Shayṭāns.
- Mawlana lamented the fact that so many Muslim Kings, leaders, Emirs, Sultans, Prime Ministers and Presidents, are ashamed to start their speeches with Bismillāhi ‘r-Raḥmāni ‘r-Raḥīm, they have abandoned this blessed verse of the Qur’an. When a person leaves Bismillāhi ‘r-Raḥmāni ‘r-Raḥīm, he is forgotten in the heavenly realms, and such a person cannot rise in heavenly stations.
- Mankind is fearful of the spread of swine-flu, but Mawlana said that the swine-flu is nothing compared to the approaching Armageddon, the massive war that will engulf the earth in flames and widespread death. All ancient books have foretold the coming of a war at the end of times, the scale of which the world has never seen before. In that horrific war, 6 out of 7 men will die, and Allah’s wrath will reduce man to dust.
- Shelter and protection from Allah’s Wrath during Armageddon will descend on those who recite Bismillāhi ‘r-Raḥmāni ‘r-Raḥīm. It will also be given to men who wear the turban (with a tail) and for women who use the niqab or hijab (headscarves, coverings or veils). It will protect them from the fire descending from the skies during Armageddon, so do not be ashamed to wear it.
- The Prophet (saw) observed the descending Angels riding on heavenly horses, and each Angel wore a turban. The Prophet (saw) said that the turban is the crown of the Arabs, and whoever discards it will be in disgrace. Today’s Arabs wear a strange cloth on their head – it is ironic that they do so, for they are Arabs, they speak Arabic, and they are aware of the Prophet’s ahadīth, yet they choose to discard this sunnah of wearing a Turban, and have therefore lost their honour.
- One who discards heavenly orders and the Prophet’s sunnah has no value in Allah’s eyes. How much value a human being has depends on how much obedience he has to the commands of Allah and how much he sticks to the sunnah of the Prophet (saw).
- Some scholars today say that they refuse to kiss the hand of another Muslim, as it is shirk (idolatry). Mawlana says that Allah ordered the Angels to prostrate before Prophet Adam (as). This was not shirk in Allah’s eyes (as He Himself had commanded that act)! Why is it then that these ”learned people” are claiming that kissing the hands and respecting other Muslims, and loving and respecting the Prophet (saw), can be considered as shirk? These people must accept advice and change their ways.
- Mawlana tells us not to be like Iblῑs, who is stubborn and refuses to change his ways. After Judgement has been announced in the Hereafter, every 100 000 years, Allah will command the Angels to take Iblῑs out of Jahannam, and he will be brought before Prophet Adam (as). Allah will then say to Iblῑs, “Prostrate to Adam, and enter my Paradise!” And each time, Iblῑs will say, “I shall never prostrate before Adam, no, no, no!” And Allah will command the Angels to take Iblῑs back to the Fire. That is the character and personality of Iblῑs . Do not be like him!
- Mawlana said that when he was in seclusion in Madīnah An-Nabawi, he heard a secret voice from one of the minarets of Masjid An-Nabawi. The voice was reciting istighfār, and this happened on the 15th of Rejab of that year. Mawlana said that these strange signs herald the coming of the end of times, so prepare yourself with constant istighfār, that is seeking Allah’s forgiveness. The Prophet (saw) used to ask Allah’s forgiveness 70 times daily, and even if we did 70 billion istighfār daily, it would not be enough!